real time web analytics
Report - - Alderbury ROC Post - Wiltshire - July 2010 | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Alderbury ROC Post - Wiltshire - July 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

747_kirki

Death Valley is Mine
28DL Full Member

At last – my first ROC Post. It was a nice Summer’s evening so well worthy of a 180-mile round trip sprint to Wiltshire to check Alderbury out.

Found the site with ease via Google Maps. Negotiated the barbed wire fences with a little bit more difficulty. Unfortunately SWMBO couldn’t get over the barbed wire (before I'd found the stile), so had to stand and watch as I trod delicately through the farmers field to ensure I didn’t damage his crop – treading only in footsteps from others.

It’s an awesome sight the first time you get to the hatch, open it and peer down. Was massively surprised quite how narrow the access is. Well, for a big build six footer at least.

Had a good look around the Post – found some of the stuff still on the walls makes a fascinating read (under torchlight). Surprised to find the bunk beds – which were there is previous reports – have gone. Only the end parts of the frame still there. Who would have removed them - and what a hassle to get them up the access ladder?

Great to the see the chavs haven’t graffiti’s the inside of this place yet. Making it an extra special ROC Post for my ‘first time’.
Got a real buzz from the visit - must find more!

Being a novice it took my 30 secs to figure out how to close the hatch, but got it shut and weighted back down with the rocks.

And on the route back I found a nice proper steel / concrete stile which is massively overgrown, but does make it easier to get over the barbed wire fence. This must have been how the staff accessed the place back 'in the day' It's under the tree canopy directly opposite.

The approach
CIMG4774.jpg

CIMG4833.jpg

CIMG4823.jpg

CIMG4826.jpg

Narrow!
CIMG4818.jpg

CIMG4811.jpg

CIMG4809.jpg

CIMG4801.jpg

Siren box:
CIMG4796.jpg