real time web analytics
Report - - Alfa Laval, Brentford, December 2012. | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Alfa Laval, Brentford, December 2012.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

seep

28DL Member
28DL Member
So, this has been done before but it sadly won't be done again as the planning permission that had been refused for so many years has now been accepted and all but the tower is in the process of being demolished to make way for new apartments and more rubbish. I have a vested interest in this building so please excuse my enthusiastic view of what is in reality, nothing too special. I like the building for many reasons including the large contrast between the damp ridden and bird shit encrusted lower levels to the serenely quiet main tower, and the many good memories that i have of being inside this building. But, as i have stated, it isn't the most captivating place in the world and is in a bit of a sorry state in the lower levels.
Heres a bit of history:
I have done a large amount of research into the building and all information online is somewhat vague. What i can say for certain is that the building, as it used to stand, had been abandoned for at least 10 years and maybe somewhere closer to 15 or 20 years. It used to house the company Alfa Laval that is basically a company with fingers in many pies including food storage, heat transfer, medical equipment and chemical transfer and storage to name but a few. Before it became Alfa Laval, it existed as Brentford Nylons and only in the tower as the surrounding buildings were added later.
Anyways, thats definitely enough talking, i hope you enjoy my photographs.
DSC_0568_zpsea03e799.jpg

DSC_0539_zps3bf6a46d.jpg

DSC_0585_zpsb4349a84.jpg

DSC_0583_zps35fe4c80.jpg

DSC_0578_zps48a182a4.jpg

DSC_0573_zps16d1c4b1.jpg

DSC_0621_zps8cc0939c.jpg

DSC_0597_zps1a8646ab.jpg

thanks for taking a look!