real time web analytics
Report - - Alfred J Parker LTD, Armoury Works, | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Alfred J Parker LTD, Armoury Works,

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Pixels

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
(Alfred J Parker LTD, Armoury Works - Highgate, Birmingham - December 2015)

The History

Alfred Gray Parker founded a rifle manufacturing company in 1890, and his nephew, Alfred Hale became a partner in the company in 1910. The Parker-Hale Arms Company; a United Kingdom air rifle, firearms and firearms accessory manufacturer, was later founded in 1940.
With a fall in production contracts and no permanent premises, the company invested in a small factory unit, and was transferred to the Birmingham Proof House.

The Explore

I didn't take any pics from the outside so here's one from google maps.

We had originally planned on going into the white building as we didn't think we could realistically get inside the gun shop, I came up with a possible route which didn't entirely work, however it did lead us to an abandoned petrol station which was a nice find. As we were walking along the back streets we came across an entry to the train track (luckily the gate didn't have a padlock on it), so we walked along there towards the building and eventually found a way in.
We didn't explore the entire thing because we figured that if we did have an unlucky encounter with any druggies that would be the end of us, being in such a rough area and having no quick or safe escape route.

23990794595_7bf7912fea_z.jpg

23990800395_9d7411becd_z.jpg

23990765545_a7f41f74c4_z.jpg

23882502802_6214a77822_z.jpg

These crates were everywhere; they were full of these little wax-coated boxes and we were unsure of what they were at first, so we cut one open and found loads of little metal cylinders inside. Not entirely sure what their purpose was.

23964647506_64c961bfe8_z.jpg

23990785245_0962058da1_z.jpg

23362529014_aef851f945_z.jpg

23882514782_cd68cc02a1_z.jpg

23990772895_a58a87156d_z.jpg

23362507364_bbd2c1e6de_z.jpg

merryprankster

Conrod the Barbarian
Regular User
nice to see this pop up again, i've seen the reports from 2010/11 and the place look incredible with everything still in there, i imagine the little cylinders were bullet casings perhaps?? you guys seem to be getting out and about around brum quite a bit, keep up the good work :thumb as for the druggies i've bumped into a couple before and both times they seemed more scared of me than i was of them to be honest, just said hello exchanged pleasantries and offered them a fag, that was years ago before i even knew what urbex was let alone took a camera out with me so the sight of a shiny expensive camera might shift the situation a little but in my experience they aren't 3 eyed cannibalistic monsters, just people who fucked up their lives and want to hide from the world, as i say that's just going on my experience, worcester might have nicer smackheads than brum :P

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I've removed your railway shots... I wouldn't go posting photos of your railway wanderings in future. You won't like the hefty fine if the wrong person should see them!

Have you tried G Smarts next door? In a similar state of dereliction, but also has some interesting bits.

Pixels

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
nice to see this pop up again, i've seen the reports from 2010/11 and the place look incredible with everything still in there, i imagine the little cylinders were bullet casings perhaps?? you guys seem to be getting out and about around brum quite a bit, keep up the good work :thumb as for the druggies i've bumped into a couple before and both times they seemed more scared of me than i was of them to be honest, just said hello exchanged pleasantries and offered them a fag, that was years ago before i even knew what urbex was let alone took a camera out with me so the sight of a shiny expensive camera might shift the situation a little but in my experience they aren't 3 eyed cannibalistic monsters, just people who fucked up their lives and want to hide from the world, as i say that's just going on my experience, worcester might have nicer smackheads than brum :p
Thankyou! The thing is with druggies is that you don't know what to expect but I'll try to worry less in the future. And we use a mobile phone so it's in my pocket most of the time anyway :D

Pixels

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've removed your railway shots... I wouldn't go posting photos of your railway wanderings in future. You won't like the hefty fine if the wrong person should see them!

Have you tried G Smarts next door? In a similar state of dereliction, but also has some interesting bits.
Thanks I didn't think about that. Is that the white building? We managed to look inside the window but didn't go in.