real time web analytics
Report - - Alfred Parker Ltd Gunsmiths, Birmingham - June 2010 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Alfred Parker Ltd Gunsmiths, Birmingham - June 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User
My last report on this got gobbled up after the drama broke out around the place, so thought I'd redo it, again putting out a massive thanks to Dweeb and Raddog for bringing this place to our attention. Up until before I saw their photos I didn't think anything like Westley Richards would pop up again, but it goes to show what can be hiding away right under your nose.

Visited with Bubblehead, and possibly the oddest of entrances to a site I've experienced. But none the less we held out as we knew the insides of the looming building were far too good to miss.

There was so much to see there, and my photos do not do it justice. Unfortunately it no longer remains in its' relic state, so I'll have to make do with what I've got. I'm just thankful I got to see it at all.

1a.jpg

Alfred G Parker set up the gunmaking company in the late 1800's, eventually passing the business on to his son Alfred J Parker. In 1910 Arthur T.C. Hale became manager, later becoming director in 1925 and the Parker Hale name was born.

They were originally based out of Icknield Street, and later moved to Whittal Street to the then-famous Bisley Works. But due to the redevelopment of Birmingham's Gun Quarter, and the installation of the ringroad, Parker Hale moved premises out of the city centre out to their current resting place, where they ceased trading in 2007.

Further reading on the company can be found here: http://www.rifleman.org.uk/A.G._and_A.J.Parker_and_ Parker-Hale.html

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg