real time web analytics
Report - - Alla Italia- Belgium- Spring 2019 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Alla Italia- Belgium- Spring 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Blackeyed

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Some information.

Alla Italia is an abandoned spa/wellness center in the Ardennes. It's built in renaissance style and was designed by a well-known architect. The bath house opened in the second half of the 19th century. It had a capacity of giving about 165.000 thermal treatments each year. After being in use for 135 years, the building closed in the early 2000's. They've been replaced by a modern spa in town. I visited in 2019. This summer when I drove by it was being renovated. I hope that they will preserve as much of the original building possible, this place deserves it.

The explore.

It was a cold and rainy day, which was very much to our advantage because the building we were trying to get in was in the middle of the city center and only because of the bad weather we could climb in unseen. Once inside, I was astonished by the beauty of this place. So richly decorated, so many details. This was a very nice place to explore. A lot of the rooms were empty, but the building itself was very pretty and special. The decay had also already visibly set in in some places. Shame that the trashers had also been here and could not even respect a place like this. But luckily not much spray paint, 'cause that would've broken my heart.

The photo's.

And some extra photo's of chairs because this place had some pretty chairs that caught my attention and I have a thing for decaying chairs and couches anyway. :rolleyes:

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
That's proper nice that.

Been on the outside but not the inside sadly.

Great work!

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
Nice shots.........surprised that copper bath is there......it’s a beaut

Blackeyed

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
@mookster Yes, I love finding new shots. Because that place you mean, I don't see what's the point. I can google that photo, no use making it.
@HughieD That's a shame. I believe it is being transformed to a museum so possibly a lot of the original building might be preserved and still visitable, although maybe not as an explore.
@pirate Thank you. (: