real time web analytics
Report - - Allostock Station - Aug 20 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Allostock Station - Aug 20

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User

50618647712_8516c9f6d1_c.jpg

Admit it I had you there with the title didnt I. Alas this isnt really a lovely victorian station but rather a minature railway at a defunct garden centre.

‘All-In-One’ was a family run business, in Allostock, closed its doors to the public on Sunday, July 31 after it became financially ‘unviable’ due to a drop in footfall.

50618541456_922a050ab8_c.jpg

The Staffords took over the business five years ago from Hills Garden Centre, and spent about £150,000 to modernise it. Despite that, and improving the facilities, it just proved to be unviable.
Jason Stafford said “There were not enough people supporting local business and too many supporting Google and Ebay. Retailers cannot be show rooms for Amazon and others to sell online.”
he also said that there are no plans to sell the popular ‘Allostock Junction’ attraction, a miniature railway which travels around the site, and that fans of the ride can expect that the railway will open on ‘special occasions’. Clearly this also never happened
Our visit here was uneventful, dropped in with my lad on way back from a short break this year, but there are some curtain twitching neighbours to be wary of

50617804608_2643f1cff7_c.jpg

50618541091_b2b9c6a29f_c.jpg

50617805203_74a33a3253_c.jpg

50617806798_1a6f803b83_c.jpg

50617804793_d76f0a76f0_c.jpg

50618649187_fc855335f5_c.jpg

50617804223_26d404787d_c.jpg

50618648632_a5cd236de9_c.jpg

50617803543_8320ea95d4_c.jpg

50617804448_f71b05f4af_c.jpg

50618539681_aa7be2af0f_c.jpg

50617806023_d25c73b1a7_c.jpg

50618542196_5750a6503c_c.jpg

50618542576_15d3bb3e60_c.jpg

50618651607_76e392f094_c.jpg

50617806383_7d60a3ee22_c.jpg

50618540221_b813482f10_c.jpg

50618648082_df471f9a55_c.jpg

And as its nearly Christmas

50617805468_cbe24bb7ff_c.jpg

Last edited:

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
Such a shame mate looks like they had a image and saw the light at the end of the tunnel but never made it there sadly .

good job you found it ! While still had stuff to see I imagine they will rip it down being fed up looking at it and the bad memories , the little track is so cute !!

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Such a shame mate looks like they had a image and saw the light at the end of the tunnel but never made it there sadly .

good job you found it ! While still had stuff to see I imagine they will rip it down being fed up looking at it and the bad memories , the little track is so cute !!

Yeah I wouldnt be suprised if it gets flattened & built on

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
Ive never 100% understood garden centres going bust blaming online sellers.
To me a place that can grow their own stock should be able to undercut everyone.
Around here they are the most expensive type of shop out there, they really don't help themselves selling stuff above rrp in a lot of cases. Things meant to bring customers in are the most expensive like mini trains and cafes. They seem to barrel roll, opening new buildings selling stuff they wouldn't normally do like a bookshop or toy shop, I've been to one with an art shop and wool jumper shop, its a slippery slope.
That said, I've fond memories as a kid of going to garden centres just for those things.

Stick an arcade in, grown your own stock, have a chip van in the carpark, winner winner.

Hate seeing animal skeletons in places like this, i always think either some cruelty has gone on by the local kids or its starved to death.

Nice report though, I presume the train was long gone.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Ive never 100% understood garden centres going bust blaming online sellers.
To me a place that can grow their own stock should be able to undercut everyone.
Around here they are the most expensive type of shop out there, they really don't help themselves selling stuff above rrp in a lot of cases. Things meant to bring customers in are the most expensive like mini trains and cafes. They seem to barrel roll, opening new buildings selling stuff they wouldn't normally do like a bookshop or toy shop, I've been to one with an art shop and wool jumper shop, its a slippery slope.
That said, I've fond memories as a kid of going to garden centres just for those things.

Stick an arcade in, grown your own stock, have a chip van in the carpark, winner winner.

Hate seeing animal skeletons in places like this, i always think either some cruelty has gone on by the local kids or its starved to death.

Nice report though, I presume the train was long gone.

Yeah we have a local family run one, its a very busy place but to me just seems to sell everything at twice retail!
The old dears love it though, it has a nice cafe that u always have to pre book to get in!

No train there though, they may be missing a trick

westernsultan

Banned
Banned
The construction of Allostock Miniature Railway at All-In-One Garden Centre Knutsford, began in 2002 and was built by miniature railway enthusiast Chris Halsall.
Initially, a short circuit of approximately 300 yards was laid and work commenced on the engine and carriage sheds, tunnel and turntable. Shortly afterwards came the addition of the station house (named Allostock Junction), platform canopy and signal box. It wasn't until 2005 that the track was extended to a third of a mile, running all around the plant area in a second loop.
In 2009, Allostock Junction Railway Station was awarded the title of 'Cheshire's Best Garden Railway Station'.
Another miniature railway lost for good - The gauge was 7.25 in. You can search current miniature railways at http://www.miniaturerailwayworld.co.uk/Indexofminiaturerailways-ByCounty.html

Last edited:

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
The construction of Allostock Miniature Railway at All-In-One Garden Centre Knutsford, began in 2002 and was built by miniature railway enthusiast Chris Halsall.
Initially, a short circuit of approximately 300 yards was laid and work commenced on the engine and carriage sheds, tunnel and turntable. Shortly afterwards came the addition of the station house (named Allostock Junction), platform canopy and signal box. It wasn't until 2005 that the track was extended to a third of a mile, running all around the plant area in a second loop.
In 2009, Allostock Junction Railway Station was awarded the title of 'Cheshire's Best Garden Railway Station'.
Another miniature railway lost for good - The gauge was 7.25 in. You can search current miniature railways at http://www.miniaturerailwayworld.co.uk/Indexofminiaturerailways-ByCounty.html

Thanks for that. It is a shame then if it was award winning!

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Like this, different. Yes I thought it was going to be a Victorian station, but just as interested in this. Looks like it would of been a good place for adults & kids when open. Shame

Shaun

28DL Regular User
28DL Full Member
It's quite a nice explore this, shame there's no train as that would make it awesome.

Who has read this thread (Total: 233) View details