Web
Analytics
Altair 4x gas detector to rent | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Altair 4x gas detector to rent

rastapasta69

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah there a lot of money to buy and maintain if your not going to be using it often,
I don't know the ins and out but I'm assuming if there renting them out to the public then they must be fit for purpose and in working order? I suppose you'd have to straighten that out with them before you set off with it.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
That seems OK actually.

They'll be calibrated I reckon, and even if not, you can always 'fresh air' calibrate them yourself.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah that's what I've done with mine as it's overdue for its 6 month calibration. Saying rhat id pressed the wrong reset button in a tunnel so cMe out to check it iver and walked i to secca who was surprised to see us lol

I'm Just hoping the sensors are fine as they don't last forever . And as long as it detects that something is replacing 02 lol

Maybe I should charge @stranton a hire fee .

Piece of mind is a bonus as we take too much for granted in some of the places we visit ......we should know better

Expensive kit with a charger unit that's for sure.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Fresh air calibrating a meter is not a substitute for actualling getting all sensors done with the proper calibration gas every 6 months.

It's just a means of self/test calibrating and mainly for the o2 sensor anyway.

A meter more than a month outside calibration isn't safe, I know this as I always take 2 out down in the sewers as there are usually at least 2 of us.

This one time in London the 'out of calibration' meter was happy enough although the o2 meter was a bit jumpy, but we hit some h2s and methan that wasn't safe to traverse any further in as the recently calibrated meter alerted us to that fact!

I don't mess about with my 3 anymore, they get done every 6 months no matter what, I may need to sell one soon as I don't really have a use for 3 these day's..

Safety is paramount

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Don't even bother.

You dont need one with you being impervious too MRSA. E-COLI. EBOLA. Any gastro-intestinal complaints . Hydrocarbons. Swamp and Mustard Gas.Carbon Monoxide,. Sarin etc etc and low levels of O2 it seems :eek:

You'd only treat it like a.camera and drown it anyway ;)

rastapasta69

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Quality banter lads!
Where would you send/take a gas detector to get it repaired or calibrated etc?
I think I might be renting one sometime in December, I'll let you guys know what they say at B&Q, I'm guessing they won't have a scooby doo what there on about, witch doesn't because I fucking don't either!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JohnSmith Kit / Clothing / Equipment 2
PatientTheory Kit / Clothing / Equipment 6