real time web analytics
Altair 4x gas detector to rent | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Altair 4x gas detector to rent

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

rastapasta69

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I was in B&Q a couple of weeks back and saw they are renting gas 4 detectors out quite cheap, so no need to put your life at risk!
20161018_072238.jpg

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I use one of these, seem ok & i"ve not died while using it yet

Seems a good price, especially for an occasional user & saves on Calibration costs if you own one.....if you actually get it checked ??

rastapasta69

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah there a lot of money to buy and maintain if your not going to be using it often,
I don't know the ins and out but I'm assuming if there renting them out to the public then they must be fit for purpose and in working order? I suppose you'd have to straighten that out with them before you set off with it.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah that's what I've done with mine as it's overdue for its 6 month calibration. Saying rhat id pressed the wrong reset button in a tunnel so cMe out to check it iver and walked i to secca who was surprised to see us lol

I'm Just hoping the sensors are fine as they don't last forever . And as long as it detects that something is replacing 02 lol

Maybe I should charge @stranton a hire fee .

Piece of mind is a bonus as we take too much for granted in some of the places we visit ......we should know better

Expensive kit with a charger unit that's for sure.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Fresh air calibrating a meter is not a substitute for actualling getting all sensors done with the proper calibration gas every 6 months.

It's just a means of self/test calibrating and mainly for the o2 sensor anyway.

A meter more than a month outside calibration isn't safe, I know this as I always take 2 out down in the sewers as there are usually at least 2 of us.

This one time in London the 'out of calibration' meter was happy enough although the o2 meter was a bit jumpy, but we hit some h2s and methan that wasn't safe to traverse any further in as the recently calibrated meter alerted us to that fact!

I don't mess about with my 3 anymore, they get done every 6 months no matter what, I may need to sell one soon as I don't really have a use for 3 these day's..

Safety is paramount

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
how much?

Don't even bother.

You dont need one with you being impervious too MRSA. E-COLI. EBOLA. Any gastro-intestinal complaints . Hydrocarbons. Swamp and Mustard Gas.Carbon Monoxide,. Sarin etc etc and low levels of O2 it seems :eek:

You'd only treat it like a.camera and drown it anyway ;)

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You could get a Canary @stranton they're cheaper than a 4Gas but again they need to be kept out of the Water/Sewage :(

A Minah Bird would be better you could teach it to do Train Horns so you could do a duet in the Sewers together :eek::D

Last edited:

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
They're a decent gas meter

The O2 sensor has recently given up on mine so I'll be getting a new one and I'll probably go for an Altar again.

Can't see santa bringing me a new one though

rastapasta69

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Quality banter lads!
Where would you send/take a gas detector to get it repaired or calibrated etc?
I think I might be renting one sometime in December, I'll let you guys know what they say at B&Q, I'm guessing they won't have a scooby doo what there on about, witch doesn't because I fucking don't either!

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Places all over the UK mate, where you based and I will find you a credible place to take it