real time web analytics
Report - - Alton Towers Febuary 2013 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Alton Towers Febuary 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ThisIsMore

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I don't tend to do much live exploring but id never pass is up as I'm sure most of you would agree that would just be stupid, even considering i have explored here before.

As always i got the usual suspects together myself, NeonNine, Ibex, Spook and Anoxia and it was time to embark on yet another epic mission we have all wanted to do again for so long, last time we visited we barely scratched the surface this time it was out mission to get deep into the bowels of the place where not many have been before, especially at night and out of season.

We arrived at our destination, stepping out the cars, fastening our boots checking the camera bags and generally making sure i hadn't forgotten anything, it was time to embark.

It was a beautiful crisp, cold, clear night, perfect for what we wanted, looking to my right i could see 12th century castle sitting on a valley face all light up like a christmas tree, i stared at it in ore think how incredible it really was, but that was far from what we were going to be exploring tonight.

we headed deep into the forrest to make our entry point, the thick mud, and dense vegetation makes it slightly difficult but we were not undeterred by this.

After making our way through the site we came up to our first subjects, stood above us is the 60 metre high Oblivion roller coaster.
8449484763_0463480424_z.jpg

As we were taking our first shots, and only being in there for a short amount of time we were nearly busted which what we thought was security driving down the road we previously had walked on, we headed for the shadows to avoid being spotted and to assess the situation, after laying low for a good 5 minutes or so we decided the coast was clear, for now!?

Thank you Ibex for the photo of myself and NeonNine

After grabbing our shots there it was time to move over to the other side of the park in doing so making our way back up the road where we spotted the security van, no longer had we been on the road someone shouted car lights! so we all made for the bushes so we wouldn't be seen and again staying there for a good few minutes and making sure they were gone it was time to move on, making our way across the lawn in front of the castle, and seeing torch light inside the castle we hit the deck and waited it out for a fair while, then we made our move and went back into the gardens to make our way over to Nemesis and Air.
8450572344_3c989da164_z.jpg

As we approached we could see the beast's silhouette , sat down and framed up and got a fair few exposures, at this time no i thought it would be appropriate to move on and to climb to the top of air, framing up there was hard work due to it being frosty, tripod legs were slipping everywhere, i finally got the shot i wanted and headed down, then made my way to the launch point of Air.
8449488285_cfa768ab6b_z.jpg

8450575800_53a6fca933_z.jpg

This was strange the lights were on and there was a low buzz from the control room, i grabbed a few shots, and then started making my way to the back of the station, then we heard what sounded like an alarm, i think we had overstayed our welcome and it was time to make our way out.

8449483359_49b3ce43e9_z.jpg

All in all was one awesome explore, Thanks to Spook for being the tour guide once again.​