real time web analytics
Report - - Alton Towers Resort, Staffordshire - December 2016 | Leisure Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Alton Towers Resort, Staffordshire - December 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Luke vaughan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I don't do rides so when I got dragged there for a mates birthday a couple years ago I went exploring while they were on the rides. A lot had changed in the 35 years since I had last been there lol.
It really is a factory that place, it reminded me of those SIM games lol.

I had a look around a bit of the big house but it seemed to be a fake shell on the original building from what I remember.
The gardens were my favourite bit lol.
I want to clarify that im not having a go or doing this down, it's still interesting to see some pics.
Fair enough and me and my mom don’t like big rides either and yesh it is interesting

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
I've been thinking about this a lot since I posted.
I don't actually know what to say but feel I want to say somthing, (Indeed this is my umpteenth rewrite) so I'm going to wing it and see what comes out.
I've been doing nothing but shitty, well past it, empty and falling down mills and factories for so long that I think ive lulled myself into a false opinion of that's all there is in the world of urbex and of course that's wrong.
As I said I wasn't having a go and I wasn't suggesting you was in the wrong but I think on reflection i posted with the (misguided) idea it may be going against the ethical rules of urbex.
However,
I don't think I actually believe that! I have come to the realisation that since ive been posting on a forum I've found myself somtimes getting sucked in to acting like a bit of a sheep in some instances by making the odd post here and there that might not be 100% my opinion but rather maybe what I perceive everyone else is expecting, maybe a thin attempt at trying to fit in I guess.
I'm not ashamed to admit when im out of line and as you can see I wear my heart on my sleave.
If a mate came to me to go explore Alton towers out of hours would I go? Hell yea, I would be all over those rides pissing about with the switches.
So that's me, at 43 I'm still lacking a lot of people skills but I'm learning.
I'll end with how I should have started and hope you will forgive me for making a mess of your thread.

Great report, looked like you had good fun. Wish I had the bottle to do it :thumb

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
@Scoobysrt m8ty don't worry at all. I know I didn't take it wrong way at all and I'm damn sure @GRONK didn't ether . We just gave you a fun reply lol. And yes some urban exploring does not mean derp farms etc . Some is like roofs drains etc even live sites. Sometimes is about pushing the risk etc. But in all honesty just go see and do what you enjoy EXPLORE everything. If there's an open door have a quick peek who knows what's lurking behind lol. Knowing my luck a bloody big dog lmao. Good luck @Scoobysrt in all you do. P.s I'm 41 and still going strong ...

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
I'll end with how I should have started and hope you will forgive me for making a mess of your thread.
Don't sweat it mate I wasn't having a pop back, It is good to discuss these things. It could be Alton Towers, an abandoned hospital or a roof to me the hobby is about going to places that normal people don't get to see or experience.

And I'm only 22 so I certainly don't know everything.

Last edited:

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
Are live sites fair game?
Anyone wanting to visit can pay a few quid and freely walk around and take as many pics as you want, no planning needed ;)
I don't see the point going after hours unless you are snapping derelict rides the public can't access.
Only my personal opinion though.

It's Urban exploration
The point is to see places the public don't get to see

If you only want to see Derelict Places then there are sites for that sort of thing

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
Yes I agree with you mate, I got it wrong the reasons for which I explained above.
I open my mouth before I think.

Who has read this thread (Total: 627) View details