real time web analytics
Report - - Amesbury ROC - 30/12/2020 - 1645HRS | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Amesbury ROC - 30/12/2020 - 1645HRS

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

huntez99

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Evening All,
So here is my part 2 with pictures this time. As you can see from my previous report I only managed a basic investigation of the above ground site. Highlighting the damage to the perimeter fence, the litter on the floor and the damage to the hatches lock of mechanism.

Further on in this report I will go into further details on the inside of the ROC and let you know the current state of this ROC.

Working from top to bottom, as seen in the images the areas I identified yesterday can be picked up, such as the damage to the perimiter fence, the litter on the floor in side the perimeter and the damage to the hatch lock off arm (bent out of alignment). Further inspection allows you to see the paint chipping from the lid of the hatch and the surrounding is becoming slightly overgrown. A hint of TLC wouldn't go a miss to be fair.

The concrete feature that comprises the ROC has a substantial amount of moss and green algae growing on it as depicted in the pictures provided. On the RHS of the structure it looks as if the original padlock is still locked in place and is also substantially rusted, which is the same for the hatches lock off arm and ladder leading into the ROC, also the original perimeter gate is flaking and rusted.

Moving on as you go to enter the ROC there is a mass amount of snails that have taken up residency inside the ROC. Living all over the entrance to the inside of the ROC and the surrounding walls on the way down inside. As seen in some of the pictures they are literally on every feature inside the ROC including the roof, however mainly on the metal features inside. As you climb down the rusted ladder into the main hull of the ROC the first thing you are greeted with is the mass amount of debris at the bottom of the ladder so be careful when entering in the future and also be cautious of the low celling. The debris at the bottom of the ladder and on the floor is made up mainly of rock and litter.

Once below ground level the hull is broken down into two separate rooms, one consisting of a chemical toilet situated opposite the ladder, which is also now full of litter and the second room, this being the bigger one of the two is the main control room. Situated on the right of the ladder. I can only imagine that once upon a time this room would be a monitoring station/crew sleeping station. However, now there is no signs of any sleeping apparatus. As previously reported, this ROC has been set on fire starting in the RH corner of the room. Causing damage to the walls and the ceiling. This has damaged the roof tiles and now a majority of them are on the floor. A lot of remaining items within the ROC have been significantly fire damaged.

Overall, the state of this ROC is open and in poor condition. A lot of TLC is needed to get this place back up to any form of original standard however in doing so we will loose the authenticity of this staggering piece of history. A forgotten world to most.

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read the final part of my report. I hope you enjoyed what you read and like I said prior, if you have any suggestions or criticism, then please don't hesitate to message be personally or comment on this report.

Once again, Thank You!

J

Pictures to follow; (For some reason I can't upload the videos. I'll have to look into that!).

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Pretty typical condition for one, there are better ones out there but are certainly a lot worse.
Very extensive coverage, only comment would b that you prob shouldn't b quite so specific with your visit date

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Good quality research. Always like to compare ROCs. Ive never done one, and when I do, I think I will be hooked lol

huntez99

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Pretty typical condition for one, there are better ones out there but are certainly a lot worse.
Very extensive coverage, only comment would b that you prob shouldn't b quite so specific with your visit date
Thank you, a few people have mentioned the visit specifics ill be sure to be less precise with what I report in regards to my visits in feature. Just to clarify that was when I visited and the report was produced after that so the specifics are always reported after I've been.

Siimot

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Can't believe how bad this one has got from the last time I visited, had a look after your report as its only 10mins from me, shame I lost all my old photos from the last time was really tidy but was nearly 10 years ago.