real time web analytics
Report - - An Abandoned Chateau Adria, Budapest, February 2020 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - An Abandoned Chateau Adria, Budapest, February 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

urbex-travel

Travel and explore abandoned places
28DL Full Member
We fondly remember our trip to Budapest for the Mangalica festival. When we got to Liberty Square, where the festival took place, we noticed something special. A spectacular tenement house with its own charm. We thought the place might have been abandoned and... we were right :cool: As it turned out later it was an abandoned chateau Adria in Budapest. We changed our plans and we decided to explore this building.

0.jpg

The palace was designed by Artúr Meinig - a great architect who designed also the Wenckheim palace, where today we can find the Szabó Ervin library. Actually, we can find similar elements in both buildings for example the four figures representing the continents which were the destination of the companies’ travel.

5.jpg

In the beginning, the building was a maritime academy. It owes its name to this. But you may ask - have Hungary access to the sea? What's going on? Yes... Nowadays Hungary is a landlocked country. But the building was erected before WW1. Then Hungary, or rather Austro-Hungary was connected with The Adria Sea.

156.jpg

Fortunately, the building survived both world wars and we can admire it today. Currently, it's abandoned, but sometimes movies are shot there, for example, Die Hard or the one scene from Blade Runner 2049. It's a magical place with a lot of details. We took there photos and we would like to share them with you. Enjoy!
1.jpg

20.jpg

32.jpg

https://www.urbex-travel.com/adria-palace-budapest/
95.jpg

128.jpg

135.jpg

167.jpg

139.jpg

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 34

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Liking that alot. Been on holiday here a long whlle back in my pre-urbex days...

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Wow what a stunning building. Surviving both wars in impressive too. Not much to say except just wowwww!

at1503

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I wish someone would save that lovely piano - so sad to see them left to rot.