real time web analytics
General - - An appeal | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - An appeal

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

xexxa

Xexxa the grey
Banned
As some of you may be aware I was recently in a hoarders house when a neighbour called plod. Armed officers, a dog, and six cars turned up and yours truly was arrested on suspicion of burglary. Dorset police kindly searched my car and took my DSLR, my laptop, my phone (and had a few other things out my house). My fact finding mission about the history former inhabitant was over. I had a 21 hour wait in the cells. But worst of all THEY TOOK MY BLOODY STUFF!! As I'm a modern man I'm already suffering severe withdrawal from all this, and so was wondering if anyone around Hampshire sort of way may have an old laptop I can borrow for a bit whilst I save up for another one??? I'm going to need something to watch movies on constantly until I get my confidence to Urbex back. If it ever comes back.

Six

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Have they said how long it might be until you get your stuff back?!

How have they gone so ott?!! Did you have something on you?!

xexxa

Xexxa the grey
Banned
Have they said how long it might be until you get your stuff back?!

How have they gone so ott?!! Did you have something on you?!

They haven't. Another guy on here got nicked for burglary at broadoaks. I've had a chat with him and he said it took 6 months before he got his stuff back.

Nope. I had nothing on me. Although when they searched my house they did find an old rail card from the 80s that had the name of the son on it. I don't actually know how that went home with me but I was trying to find names out so I guess that had something to do with it. Anyway... it's a piece of card that's been sitting in a hoarders pile for 32 years and it's caused me hell. Being in a cell is harrowing. I'm still mentally scarred because of it. It's a wake up call to say the least. I'd be too terrified to leave with a cobweb on me now.

xexxa

Xexxa the grey
Banned
I've got one friend who went to this abandoned place and found a diary. Contacted the woman whose number was in there, met up with her. Gave the diary back, had a chat about it all etc. I tried the same and I end up being nicked!

RustyG

The world's most awkward urbexer...
28DL Full Member
Either Dorset police were having a well boring night or there used to be/still are firearms registered to that address, that's the only reason I can think for armed response and dog units to turn up in force. Have you been charged and given a court date yet? Cos if Dorset are anything like Surrey you won't see your stuff for at least a month after you've been to court, n then they are just as slow returning stuff if you get NFA'd which right royally takes the piss!

xexxa

Xexxa the grey
Banned
Either Dorset police were having a well boring night or there used to be/still are firearms registered to that address, that's the only reason I can think for armed response and dog units to turn up in force. Have you been charged and given a court date yet? Cos if Dorset are anything like Surrey you won't see your stuff for at least a month after you've been to court, n then they are just as slow returning stuff if you get NFA'd which right royally takes the piss!

Nope. I've not been charged. To be honest, the guy investigating my case seems like a pretty decent bloke. Obviously he's doing his job but he's not got a superiority complex. I'm trying to get my stuff back but I think he's just following procedure.

RustyG

The world's most awkward urbexer...
28DL Full Member
Well if the coppers got his head screwed on fingers crossed you'll get NFA'd mate, and then you just gotta keep on at em till they say you can come pick your stuff up

Alley

Conspicuous Loiterer
Regular User
when they searched my house they did find an old rail card from the 80s that had the name of the son on it. I don't actually know how that went home with me

Um you took it from the house? Sorry you lost your stuff temporarily but you did do what they accused you of