real time web analytics
General - - An appeal | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - An appeal

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

stranton

subterranean explorer
Regular User
the police are a law to themselves, but they still have protocall to follow,
i've never knew these tactics for an empty house full of junk.

xexxa

Xexxa the grey
Banned
When I say abandoned I mean the house is uninhabitable. You know usually when you see a hoarder they make pathways in the junk so they can get through. This was just all piled up. No access to anything.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I once got stopped with a bag full of turds and believe it or not they failed to notice them ;)

In all seriousness though, I've left so much decent stuff in places that would prob look good on the wall at home etc, but one thing is being lifted somewhere you're not supposed to be, and the slr/torch/tripod is your best friend

Add in a bag full of swag and I'm afraid it's never going to end well, I often kick myself not having taken the Inverkip control room home or the ceiling from Kingsnorth, but there you go

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
You took something home..but the code..its shit and really a lot of hassle for an old bit of card but they can and will be arseholes about it..luckily i rarely took things home cos i am the sort of bloke who would get nicked

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
You took something home..but the code..its shit and really a lot of hassle for an old bit of card but they can and will be arseholes about it..luckily i rarely took things home cos i am the sort of bloke who would get nicked

"He's wearing Adidas trackies Sarj"

"Nick the cunt!"

:p

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Nothing will come of it, they like to make people sweat, the CPS would laugh, infact I'd be amazed if it got past the Sarj TBH

If it was escalated the Chief super would scrap it

But lesson learnt I guess, give them any reason for a case and they will bury you in court given the right bag of overwhelming evidence

Thumper

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Where the hell did you go, not that dodgy ramshackle joint on Studland was it? I took one step in and swore the whole place moved so left sharpish! Lesson learnt though, don't take anything and certainly don't contact them basically saying hey I nicked your shit, want it back lol. Sometimes I look at things and think god I wish I could save that, like the Jaguar at Cattistock Lodge, that requires a demolition team and winch by helicopter though!

Not due to Urbex but I once had my DSLR and phone taken by military police (long story, bunch of idiots), I got them back after 3 days because I involved a solicitor. If you;re a bit skint that's probably not an option as it did cost me a couple of hundred. Could be worthy of a visit to CAB though to see if they can hurry things along! I highly doubt the CPS will even bother to give this 'case' more than a passing glance before dismissing it though. The problem with police these days is they really do want to convict an urban explorer to "make an example of them" so you really have to be on your toes as most of us on here are pretty respectful, it's the junkies and chavs who do the damage and nicking giving us all a bad name!

Good luck with it all.

urbandorset

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello, did you get your stuff back from the police in the end? I keep checking this thread, but we've been left in limbo!

xexxa

Xexxa the grey
Banned
Where the hell did you go, not that dodgy ramshackle joint on Studland was it? I took one step in and swore the whole place moved so left sharpish! Lesson learnt though, don't take anything and certainly don't contact them basically saying hey I nicked your shit, want it back lol. Sometimes I look at things and think god I wish I could save that, like the Jaguar at Cattistock Lodge, that requires a demolition team and winch by helicopter though!

Not due to Urbex but I once had my DSLR and phone taken by military police (long story, bunch of idiots), I got them back after 3 days because I involved a solicitor. If you;re a bit skint that's probably not an option as it did cost me a couple of hundred. Could be worthy of a visit to CAB though to see if they can hurry things along! I highly doubt the CPS will even bother to give this 'case' more than a passing glance before dismissing it though. The problem with police these days is they really do want to convict an urban explorer to "make an example of them" so you really have to be on your toes as most of us on here are pretty respectful, it's the junkies and chavs who do the damage and nicking giving us all a bad name!

Good luck with it all.

The jag at cat is totally fucked. Waaaay beyond economical repair

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Nothing will happen, it's just the police being arseholes. Suspicion of burglary just means they were obliged to remove you but they don't have any jurisdiction over trespassers. Shit about your kit being confiscated, well OTT that is. SERIOUSLY... Write a letter of complaint to the Chief Constable saying that you have been treated unfairly and out of proportion to the circumstances. DO IT.

The first night in a cell sucks and it does take a while to get your confidence back. After that though it's just a game, the second, third time it's just a waiting game until the duty inspector does his rounds and realises his custody cells are full of innocent people, you usually get out about 15 minutes later tbh. I've learned that you may as well be angry and obnoxious, because once you're processed at the desk, destiny is sealed, your attitude is insignificant. Don't say anything at the interviews, I mean NOTHING. You don't have to, and they can't make you. ALWAYS have the duty solicitor present as well.

xexxa

Xexxa the grey
Banned
Nothing will happen, it's just the police being arseholes. Suspicion of burglary just means they were obliged to remove you but they don't have any jurisdiction over trespassers. Shit about your kit being confiscated, well OTT that is. SERIOUSLY... Write a letter of complaint to the Chief Constable saying that you have been treated unfairly and out of proportion to the circumstances. DO IT.

The first night in a cell sucks and it does take a while to get your confidence back. After that though it's just a game, the second, third time it's just a waiting game until the duty inspector does his rounds and realises his custody cells are full of innocent people, you usually get out about 15 minutes later tbh. I've learned that you may as well be angry and obnoxious, because once you're processed at the desk, destiny is sealed, your attitude is insignificant. Don't say anything at the interviews, I mean NOTHING. You don't have to, and they can't make you. ALWAYS have the duty solicitor present as well.

Tbh I would never give a full no comment interview unless actually guilty. Adverse inference isn’t worth it and makes them more likely to want to take it up to CPS