real time web analytics
General - - An appeal | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - An appeal

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

urbandorset

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nothing will happen, it's just the police being arseholes. Suspicion of burglary just means they were obliged to remove you but they don't have any jurisdiction over trespassers. Shit about your kit being confiscated, well OTT that is. SERIOUSLY... Write a letter of complaint to the Chief Constable saying that you have been treated unfairly and out of proportion to the circumstances. DO IT.

The first night in a cell sucks and it does take a while to get your confidence back. After that though it's just a game, the second, third time it's just a waiting game until the duty inspector does his rounds and realises his custody cells are full of innocent people, you usually get out about 15 minutes later tbh. I've learned that you may as well be angry and obnoxious, because once you're processed at the desk, destiny is sealed, your attitude is insignificant. Don't say anything at the interviews, I mean NOTHING. You don't have to, and they can't make you. ALWAYS have the duty solicitor present as well.
Dorset Police... say no more. They do seem to have some issues with things that should be investigated (and aren't) and things that shouldn't. I'd like to say more, but not in public. Completely OTT response here.

Thumper

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Glad the case is closed as you'll be getting your stuff back, what a palava it is and yes Dorset Police, as I have mentioned on here before are hell bent at the moment on catching people and getting a prosecution to act as a "deterrant" to others. There have been a fair number of burglary's, injuries and vandalism (mostly fires) over Dorset sites, which is a shame as they are few and far between, so they're coming down hard on it and as usual blaming the wrong people!

As for Cattistock Lodge, yes the Jaguar is FUBAR and the house, well, the front is still up, for now. Give it this weekends storm and the winter and I think the whole lot will be gone by Spring next year. I wouldn't want to be on that road when it does go!

djmip

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Got nfa thru post after going down there loads of times they would not tell me when officer would be there so could see him they just kept asking for a phone number to which I replied they had my phone. Bit of a joke really but nfa is good.

Attachments

• IMG_20171028_021117-1024x576.jpg
    IMG_20171028_021117-1024x576.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 25

djmip

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
How do u insert an image on here . Lol

Attachments

• IMG_20171028_021117-1024x576.jpg
    IMG_20171028_021117-1024x576.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 24

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
How do u insert an image on here . Lol
Either upload direct ,the tab next to post reply ,or host the image on flickr and enter the bbcode,there are guides on here explaining how its done,but upload directly form pc onto forum is easier

ilike hiddenplaces

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Where the hell did you go, not that dodgy ramshackle joint on Studland was it? I took one step in and swore the whole place moved so left sharpish! Lesson learnt though, don't take anything and certainly don't contact them basically saying hey I nicked your shit, want it back lol. Sometimes I look at things and think god I wish I could save that, like the Jaguar at Cattistock Lodge, that requires a demolition team and winch by helicopter though!

Not due to Urbex but I once had my DSLR and phone taken by military police (long story, bunch of idiots), I got them back after 3 days because I involved a solicitor. If you;re a bit skint that's probably not an option as it did cost me a couple of hundred. Could be worthy of a visit to CAB though to see if they can hurry things along! I highly doubt the CPS will even bother to give this 'case' more than a passing glance before dismissing it though. The problem with police these days is they really do want to convict an urban explorer to "make an example of them" so you really have to be on your toes as most of us on here are pretty respectful, it's the junkies and chavs who do the damage and nicking giving us all a bad name!

Good luck with it all.
Didnt know there was a place over studland