real time web analytics
Report - - Ancoats Hospital & Dispensary, Manchester - June 2010 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ancoats Hospital & Dispensary, Manchester - June 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Jimmy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Visited by myself and later with Gone.

I had visited this place myself a few weeks back but did not venture up past the ground floor. A few weeks later after exploring a mill, myself and Gone decided to make a return visit and this time explored the full place except, to my disappointment, the tower which was not do-able.

Information, some taken from Wikipedia.

The former Ancoats Hospital started life in 1828 as the Ardwick and Ancoats Dispensary on Great Ancoats Street. In 1869 it moved to it's current location on Mill Street. At that time it was only a dispensary since it had no beds and people were treated as out-patients or visited at home. The move to larger premises on Mill Street made it possible make provision for beds and the transition into a hospital began.

The large inner-city hospital was built to serve the densely-populated districts of north and east Manchester. Located between Old Mill Street and the Ashton Canal, the building is currently being redeveloped as a residential project by Urban Splash, those who brought us the delightful Chips apartment building.

DSCF2160.jpg

DSCF2107.jpg

DSCF2114.jpg

DSCF2108.jpg

DSCF2119.jpg

DSCF2124.jpg

DSCF2148.jpg

DSCF2702.jpg

DSCF2701.jpg

DSCF2703.jpg

DSCF2704.jpg

DSCF2164.jpg