Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - And so we wave goodbye to an old legend | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Lead or Rumour info - And so we wave goodbye to an old legend

Landie_Man

"Landie" or Harry
Regular User
Really sad about this one. I was the first to report on this gem back in 2009, but fucked it up and my first report got binned. This was my 3rd explore ever, and it sparked a lot of interest in the urbex world at the time.

Finally, after years of trying it seems Sainsburys have had the go ahead to turn the old Aylesbury ODEON into.... Retirement Flats.... What a fucking shame, this is an original Oscar Deutsch art deco cinema, and to become retirement flats is a sin in itself....

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums...th-night-roof-shots?highlight=Aylesbury+Odeon

Goodbye friend :(

JasperB

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It is such a shame, just a constant reminder of the on going decrease in audiences and increase in piracy :(

Kieron Young

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
just to play the devils advocate. its cheaper to get a copy dvd then go to cinema. also would you rather c the building turned into flats ect or be abandoned and fall down. i love old building but i want to see them being used rather then decaying.

Landie_Man

"Landie" or Harry
Regular User
just to play the devils advocate. its cheaper to get a copy dvd then go to cinema. also would you rather c the building turned into flats ect or be abandoned and fall down. i love old building but i want to see them being used rather then decaying.
Its being demolished and replaced with a prefab retirement home!!

Alan-one

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
this is an original Oscar Deutsch art deco cinema :(
Sort of. It's not in the house style as it was originally built for A E Abrahams, and Deutsch took it over before it opened. Still a good looking cinema though, considering it lacks the typical deco curved sections.

If I had a van and somewhere to put them, I'd be asking if I could take those giant letters off their hands rather than see them as bonfire fodder.

Speed

Got Epic?
Staff member
A bit of a shame, they could at least have made them keep the front but then again old cinemas are not rare so maybe seeing some demo'd isnt such a bad thing.

What i want to see is some recent pics! Id like to go back in there but when we checked about a year ago it was sealed up quite well. Can you keep an eye on it? Its a bit off the beaten track!

Alan-one

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The front's had a good hacking at though. Anything that went horizontally is gone, and the vertical ribs have had the tops lopped off.

Boba Low

____/
Regular User
Got stuck in AY about two weeks ago at 5am waiting for a bus, checked it thoroughly for something to do but wasn't happening. Place was trashed even back in the day though...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AuntieKnickers Leads, Rumours and News... 0