real time web analytics
Report - - Anti aircraft station - portsdown | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Anti aircraft station - portsdown

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Explorercouple

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello,

us two and a friend decided to check out what we presume to be an anti aircraft station on Portsdown last night, wasn't too much to see but still a good little explore. very dense woodland which too a lot of navigating through and after 45 minutes or so of not being able to locate it in the dark we thought we was never going to see it until we got to the top of a little hill then saw the structure and our eyes lit up.

didt get to view the whole site due to running out of time but we will be bacl for further exploring, sorry about the pictures they was taken on a smart phone (camera purchase is on the list).

not much to write as havnt got a clue on the history of this site, plus wasn't too much there to write about.

AA batery station 2.jpg

AA batery station 3.jpg

aA batery station 4.jpg

AA batery station 5.jpg

AA batery station.jpg

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Good effort but sadly the pictures dont show an awful lot,maybe a day time visit !

Explorercouple

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It can't be a daytime visit due to having to travel access open fields but the picture are poor due to using a camera phone but once I get a proper camera i will return and take better pictures

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
fair enough,half decent dslr or bridge camera ,dont use flash ,grab a tripod and a good torch and learn how to take long exposures and you may get some pics worth a look ;)

Explorercouple

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah I can't waot to get a decent camera and have a practice I've literally only took pictures on my phone to show proof that it's not a fake report lol,

And I'll have a search of dslr coz that name keeps coming up

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Yeah I can't waot to get a decent camera and have a practice I've literally only took pictures on my phone to show proof that it's not a fake report lol,

And I'll have a search of dslr coz that name keeps coming up

Digitial single lens reflex camera..entry level ones can be picked up fairly cheap,enablkes you to use different lenses,control a lot of how you take the picture and of course long exposure shots for underground/nightime shots where you can use a torch to light the picture in your own time

mw0sec

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well I'm jiggered. I used to work for DERA on the hill and never spotted that!

Ste1000

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah it is now I found it but trying to navigate through the dense bush and forestry bit was a little bit of a challenge with the Mrs

This looks like a job for a drone in the day time.
I'd like a look but I but I bet the owner wouldn't be happy.
Shame it's so overgrown.