Web
Analytics
Any of you done Freight hopping ? | Urban Community Portal | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Any of you done Freight hopping ?

seaven

renown for nothing
28DL Full Member
hi all ,

just a quick q , as the tile says : have any of the people on here done any FH ?
I think people who do it as a hobby advance from UE , or are hobos or ex-cons ( not suggesting anything ahaha )

M

link to the wiki page just in case - Freighthopping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

seaven

renown for nothing
28DL Full Member
Styru , I appreciate I'm a mere spec of shit on your boots , but Its what I've read and heard.
So sorry for being a complete idiot

Styru

Admin
Regular User
Styru , I appreciate I'm a mere spec of shit on your boots , but Its what I've read and heard.
So sorry for being a complete idiot
er, no, just a strange way to word it mate - different pastimes totally surely?

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
This is what happens when you have a conservative government, convicts can't find jobs and fill the days riding up and down in freight trains talking with hobos (not really a term used in the UK)

Why would anyone do this?

seaven

renown for nothing
28DL Full Member
Styru : I probably slightly overreacted a bit ( just a tiny bit :) ) and I probably read it wrong in my head , so sorry about that.
what I sort of meant was the people I've talked to who have done it have previously done quite a bit of UE , and have said they sort of " graduated " up to it.

On a general note I though some of you may of had a crack at it if you were ever on the other side of the pond.
apologies for any offence caused

stranton

subterranean explorer
Regular User
very much doable and tempting,
but are the risks worth it, £1000 fine or prosecution.

dave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I seem to remember it used to be called freight bagging and was the pursuit of a large cross section of society from lawyers accountants to even a chef, i have an article from one of the Sunday paper supplements from many years ago on the subject must dig it out sometime. I have indulged though only briefly and that was also many years ago far too old now sadly.

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User
I seem to remember it used to be called freight bagging and was the pursuit of a large cross section of society from lawyers accountants to even a chef, i have an article from one of the Sunday paper supplements from many years ago on the subject must dig it out sometime. I have indulged though only briefly and that was also many years ago far too old now sadly.
Sounds interesting.... and you're never too old... so dont say that. ;)

I havent tried it though... too freightened to.
**I'll get me coat** :coat