Web
Analytics
Any site in Cheshire that may be okay for Crutches?! | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Any site in Cheshire that may be okay for Crutches?!

Mrs Fezziwig

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi everyone,
I have been studying Archaeology and really miss the exploration bit of it! I was most excited when a Victorian rubbish dump was found in a building, not in the ground!

I have Erlers-Danlos syndrome (Google it! It’s a long story!) and require crutches or a wheelchair. I am unlikely to go exploring in a chair but any tips on places where I may get around on crutches would be awesome!

Thanks

Mrs F

Lavino

28DL Full Member
Welcome along fezzy I’m not aware of any places I’d enter on crutches but I’m sure you’ll enjoy looking at the many reports here.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
I hope you find some places. I suffer MS, degenerative spine, bursitis, among other things. Exploring is challenging, and I do have trouble climbing etc. But kudo to you, crutches and still want to do it, that is commitment, willpower and every damn compliment I can think of.

I really hope someone finds some suitable explores for you :* :D:D

Mrs Fezziwig

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I hope you find some places. I suffer MS, degenerative spine, bursitis, among other things. Exploring is challenging, and I do have trouble climbing etc. But kudo to you, crutches and still want to do it, that is commitment, willpower and every damn compliment I can think of.

I really hope someone finds some suitable explores for you :* :D:D
Thank you darling! I did an Archaeology degree up until halfway through my final year when I plummeted. I did a 6 week training dig on crutches, as well as 3 seasons in the middle of nowhere (Hen Caerwys in North Wales), which was ace because I had a fair rollercoaster ride on my mobility scooter. I miss it like hell but you know... insurance etc. No one will pay out for an over enthusiastic, hip-dislocating insurance risk if I broke my neck on a Roman wall. Which I very nearly did!

I thought this way was riskier in terms of police but would still have a bit of a thrill that I was discovering things. :D

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Thank you darling! I did an Archaeology degree up until halfway through my final year when I plummeted. I did a 6 week training dig on crutches, as well as 3 seasons in the middle of nowhere (Hen Caerwys in North Wales), which was ace because I had a fair rollercoaster ride on my mobility scooter. I miss it like hell but you know... insurance etc. No one will pay out for an over enthusiastic, hip-dislocating insurance risk if I broke my neck on a Roman wall. Which I very nearly did!

I thought this way was riskier in terms of police but would still have a bit of a thrill that I was discovering things. :D

Totally get it. I do archaeology and have taken part in digs, though closer to home . I know what you mean though. I also have hyper mobility so hips, and knees dislocate, and I can no longer work. I worked in Justice system lol. But love history, archaeology, being outside more than anything.

I will keep ears open for anything in Cheshire. Though im sure someone who lived this way, moved to Cheshire area is looking for an exploring buddy. I think its Urbanfoxcub??