real time web analytics
Anyone bottle digging? | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Anyone bottle digging?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

brenjacques

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi all
Just wondered if anyone on the forum does any bottle digging? I picked it up myself last year during the first lockdown and wondered if there's anyone towards Leicester way who also has an interest.

Would be great to find others who are up for a dig on some of the old big tips or if anyone knows of anywhere around leics or surrounding cities that would be a good spot. Either way would be good to hear from others

rudicantfail

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi, like you, I am a digger, but am struggling to find a decent site to dig. I have tried viewing old maps of Norwich and surrounding area, but I have only located one site, and it is over dug; too well known about. Would love to find a new site.....

chills

Queller of the uprising
Hi, like you, I am a digger, but am struggling to find a decent site to dig. I have tried viewing old maps of Norwich and surrounding area, but I have only located one site, and it is over dug; too well known about. Would love to find a new site.....

Doubt you’ll get a response from the original poster as they haven’t been online since May 2021.

Anyway, myself I am also an avid digger as are a few other people on the site. Generally, sites are getting harder and harder to find as the hobby grows and bits get dug out as most of the hobby started back in the 60s and 70s and more and more is built on. Nowhere is ever truly fully dug out as I’m finding with a few tips currently but I know some places are slim pickings and not worth the time.

If you want a chat on the subject or want some advice or tips, drop me a message ✌

rudicantfail

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Many thanks for your reply to my post, you are right in all you say, finding a new site is difficult, and those that are known about have many "diggers".

I will be in touch!

KyroRetnik

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Drop me a message dude!

wormster

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Used to go bottle digging in the old Victorian rubbish dumps around Sittingbourne with my uncle back in the 70's I suspect it's either gone up to the Portobello market or developed into egg box houses! Sigh 😞