real time web analytics
Question - - Anyone know what's up with the Hulme Hippodrome? | Theatres and Cinemas | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Anyone know what's up with the Hulme Hippodrome?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

pebbler

28DL Member
28DL Member
There haven't been any recent reports on the place. I know there is construction being done on the inside, but has anyone been recently and know if it's still worth checking out?

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Only a small annexe is used as a church ?

That's correct and don't forget that bit near the bar area

image.jpeg

bignickb

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's owned by a company in London who don't seem to care much! There is the occasional walk around tour but it takes forever to get a reply. I feel like the only one who went in when the lights were off, thank God I had my LED.s.
People should bear in mind that as well as all the decor being renewed, the holes in the roof being patched up, they would also have to install a new sound and lighting system to make it a venue again. And Then recoup the money spent!
There is a Facebook page to keep up to date.

UrbanFoxCub

Explore and love the adventure
Banned
It's owned by a company in London who don't seem to care much! There is the occasional walk around tour but it takes forever to get a reply. I feel like the only one who went in when the lights were off, thank God I had my LED.s.
People should bear in mind that as well as all the decor being renewed, the holes in the roof being patched up, they would also have to install a new sound and lighting system to make it a venue again. And Then recoup the money spent!
There is a Facebook page to keep up to date.
Its not owned by a london based company.. Not what the squatters and council told me on enquires of the place.

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
dont listen to the squatters.

They were telling me the basement was used to lock up swapped babies trafficed from kenya. And that the religious books couldnt be recycled because ‘you cant recycle bad energy man’

Also this thread is over a year old. Chill out.

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
I’m fairly certain he was upto no good here

Yeah i meant the locking of new born babies down in that rank damp as bollocks cellar. If seen pictures of it looking like that for years.

The hippy talking to us wouldnt even use the shower down there because of the bad vibes. Lol

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Something wasn’t right though with that setup , them toilets were proper grim!

Wasn’t like that in 2011

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
Something wasn’t right though with that setup , them toilets were proper grim!

Wasn’t like that in 2011

Yeah it was a bit weird. That main room you posted above was that still full of matresses and a proper mess when you went?