real time web analytics
Question - - Anyone know what's up with the Hulme Hippodrome? | Theatres and Cinemas | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Anyone know what's up with the Hulme Hippodrome?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

UrbanFoxCub

Explore and love the adventure
Banned
dont listen to the squatters.

They were telling me the basement was used to lock up swapped babies trafficed from kenya. And that the religious books couldnt be recycled because ‘you cant recycle bad energy man’

Also this thread is over a year old. Chill out.

I wouldn't listen or read things about it being owned by london based companies.

yeah its a year old but i have only just seen the thread.;) lol

Well considering he is now back in kenya facing charges of trafficking women and babies i would say its probably true..

have u been in the basement and seen the rooms?

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
I wouldn't listen or read things about it being owned by london based companies.

yeah its a year old but i have only just seen the thread.;) lol

Well considering he is now back in kenya facing charges of trafficking women and babies i would say its probably true..

have u been in the basement and seen the rooms?

Yeah i have. And he was extradited due to the trafficking crimes he commited in early 00’s whilst being based in london where his company is based.

When i was looking into it there was nothing to suggest he was doing it up here. He was peddling allsorts of shit as cures for cancer too.

Ive seen the rooms its weird but ive seen many places have basements partitioned off.

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
Yeah its not helped with the squatters either..
wanting to look after the place yet look at the mess that have made.. pahh

Typical squatters lol they have these big plans for the place but cant even keep the place relatively clean. Shame really because some of the ideas they had sounded quite good for the place.

Six

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Don't even get me started on the poo on the floor and the rat running around the kitchen upstairs :eek:

Six

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I didn't see any dead pigeons but they wouldn't need to eat them with the abundance of food left out for them to eat.

I wouldn't even have noticed that poo if @Ojay hadn't made a point of showing it to me hahahaha "look at this poo here!"

bignickb

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm a member of a group who are fighting for the Hippodromes future, they have lots of info on it including where the owners are based - which is London!
The squatters have certainly cleaned the place up, when I first went there it was inhuman! Lol.
A couple of packs or duty-free cigs and they let me us in, there is one room which they class as out of bounds as it's where they sleep, etc but they were very pleasant and showed us how to get to the very top. It is only a matter of time before they get turfed out but that will be a farce as it has so many nooks and crannies to hide in.
My advice is - get there now before it gets shut down again!

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Can't see any future for the place. I'd love to be proven wrong but I can't see it.

Amazing 'wow' factor but when you look past the glittering gilt the rot has set in deep. Putting a chipboard floor over the decay hides it, but it's still there.

There is no way the public could ever frequent the place without all the structure being made sound. How much could that cost!!

It's other negative is its exterior. To be blunt it's an ugly relic of its former self and we have seen with similar buildings in Nelson and Wallsend a fabulous seldom seen interior can be lost because of an uninspiring facade.

Anyone know where the missing lion has gone?+