real time web analytics
Report - - Ardeer Power Station, Ayrshire - June 2018 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ardeer Power Station, Ayrshire - June 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Visited with prettyvacant71 on our road trip. We actually ended up here 2 evenings in a row. We had been running ourselves ragged so we had one day of chilling, but got to just after lunchtime and we set off on the long drive here. We ran out of light pretty quickly so headed to the Station Hotel and spent the night there, after we had finished photographing there we returned to Ardeer.

This place has been pretty well covered but I have been wanting to visit for years. 3 of my favourite things all in one place: power station, decay, climbing high. A great way to end our trip before the long drive back to the south.

The place has taken a beating over the years but I still loved it. It's well worth having a look at the older reports on here.

l19B67uh.jpg

tdZTgHdh.jpg

9cyRNAXh.jpg

93fDn6hh.jpg

UgDuKTEh.jpg

eDRQIGEh.jpg

Dkne2oVh.jpg

Fucking bell ends and their stupid stickers! We pulled quite a few off of here!

Sc5cSuBh.jpg

16gCiuDh.jpg

LyWfN18h.jpg

rDRZ6Xfh.jpg

c7mpsf7h.jpg

PfUVtQ6h.jpg

BDtnGpDh.jpg

Ydwcl80h.jpg

yAOxykuh.jpg

0j6bc1Sh.jpg

deSLDN2h.jpg

x59nJ1Dh.jpg

v0fi8N5h.jpg

x5s1SN7h.jpg

IUYoMK5h.jpg

qq2pqePh.jpg

sbG2P8Vh.jpg

u6N4W5Kh.jpg

As the sun was just beginning to set I had a lightbulb moment and legged it back downstairs to get this shot in the golden light

mxhrCqsh.jpg

And one last external before sunset

mDslUEuh.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Idle Hands

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That penultimate shot is indeed nicely lit :thumb

I enjoyed my visit here, even if it was an absolute bastard to navigate to. Might be more trashed now but its location has saved it from being far worse...

dave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great pics puts my efforts to shame. I loved it here when i got to the top of that enormous sand dune and all of a sudden there it was in all its glory a beautiful sight.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Loved the look of this one for ages - meant to go last year but ran out of time, won't let that happen this year!