real time web analytics
28DL and UE in the News - "Are 'Urban Explorers' putting lives at risk?" - Sleaford standard. 29:04:10 | 28DL and Urban Exploring in the News... | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

28DL and UE in the News "Are 'Urban Explorers' putting lives at risk?" - Sleaford standard. 29:04:10

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tassadar

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I got chased out of Withernsea with burning crosses and pitchforks because I refused to get married to my sister so I know plenty on inbreeding! :D

Withernsea is like that , banjos and pickups every where, was it not the location for "Deliverance"

V

Veganvictim

Slow news day written by the uninformed for the uninformed.

Coming from a 16 year local to Sleaford, I know that "bus breaks down" and "shop window falls out mysteriously" are front page news 2 issues in a row on the Standard and the Target!

The truth is that we KNOW and UNDERSTAND the risk involved in what we do - so yes, we put ourself in that situation - but at the same time we're also cautious - more so than a young kid who doesn't understand gravity and the effects of time on wood..

Sorry to re-hash an old thread - was looking for places other than Bass Maltings in Sleaford ;)

mrjonesybop

Derp?
28DL Full Member
Question: "Are 'Urban Explorers' putting lives at risk?"
Answer: "Yes, because we are all murderers and serial sex offenders."

Simple, brief, concise and to the point. Job done.

Perhaps I should write a column for a newspaper? (!)
:popcorn :thumb :wanker

Icutyou

oh long johnson
28DL Full Member
Question: "Are 'Urban Explorers' putting lives at risk?"
Answer: "Yes, because we are all murderers and serial sex offenders."

Simple, brief, concise and to the point. Job done.

Perhaps I should write a column for a newspaper? (!)
:popcorn :thumb :wanker

hahaha do it

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
Woah, can i just say not all journalists produce this sort of tripe!

You've been here 5 minutes mate - believe me, the vast majority do write that sort of tripe - and often worse!

There have been a handful of good articles in the last few years - but most have been god-awful drivel, accusing us of everything from breaking and entering and theft to trying to kill Yvette Fielding (I kid you not) FFS :banghead

I presume from that comment, and from the general tone of your replies and questions elsewhere that you are in the reporting business?

Reading between the lines of many of you deleted questions and replies you are, I presume, just here to get a cheap story? - because that's how it reads. :banghead

Can we ask what sort of thing you are writing about us??

mstarmatt

Northern Monkey
28DL Full Member
The 'anonymous' explorer doesnt do much to avoid any publicity :rolleyes:
This one got us onto the front of The Sleaford Standard and a full page in the Boston Standard.

Home | My Site 1

As with anything, there are risks, we accept the risks and get on with it

Cmphoto

28DL Member
28DL Member
I'm the owner of the site.

I emailed the Boston standard first, never said i would rather remain anonymous, i think they printed my name in the Boston paper. But they emailed the photos to Sleaford and they've obviously put what they liked lol.

Been on BBC radio shropshire about a week ago about osbaston house too. Getting in the habit of making the news now haha

S

satsukisan

Surely its your own choice to risk your own life. As long as your not risking others. However, surely the same goes for eating a Kebab.

RunToEarth

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I suppose there are an awful lot of people who just simply do not understand WHY urbex's take the risks they do, looking from the outside inwards, I often used to wonder quite why people would want to clamber about inside derelict buildings with rotten floorboards and dodgey staircases- obviously I "get it" now, and it's extremely addictive, however, there are an awful lot of people who just have no interest, and I suppose if you were to be seriously injured urbexing, some paramedic or fireman would have to risk themselves to get to you...
Of course there will be a LOT of people who know very little about urbexing and perhaps assume that people who scamper about in derelict buildings taking photos in the evenings are one and the same who set the buildings on fire. (Evidently, everyone who does urbex knows this isn't the case, but most people who read the Sleaford Stardard won't know a great deal about urbexing.)
My other "thrill" in life is horses, I hunt and teamchase (jump over hedges and walls on the horses...) I make my own decisions about when to wear a hat, what to jump and what to ride, and there are a lot of people who consider it to be a stupid hobby, people tend to be most wary and scepticle of things they don't understand.

skelderz

Skelderz
28DL Full Member
It's mad to think that they we risk our lives, I mean we all take precautions , i know i do, I reckon I've risked my life more working for a tree surgeon for pocket money than I ever have on an explore!

Status
Not open for further replies.