real time web analytics
Areas around Brighton worth exploring | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Areas around Brighton worth exploring

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tobytron

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I am a complete newbie when it comes to urban exploring. I am just looking for any easy places nearish to me in Brighton that i can go and have a poke around in but I am also willing to take the train to any spots you recommend.
I was looking into going to the Coulsdon deep shelter but it looked a little extreme for a first time.
Some of the reports I've read here have been unbelievable with fascinating history and some incredible photos.
I only have a canon SX210 in the way of photography but ill try my best to take at least a few good snaps.
Any tips would be appreciated as well.
Thanks

Last edited:

Seffy

Staff member
Hello, welcome to 28 :)

You’ll find it hard to get people to meet you and share their spots with you etc when you don’t have any content to your name, sadly.
Maybe go and check out a spot you have your eye on - like Coulsdon deep shelter - and get up a report. Maybe see if a friend will go with you if you don’t wanna go solo? The deep shelter is fairly chill despite what the photos might convey - access is easy but obviously take torches and the like.

tobytron

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello, welcome to 28 :)

You’ll find it hard to get people to meet you and share their spots with you etc when you don’t have any content to your name, sadly.
Maybe go and check out a spot you have your eye on - like Coulsdon deep shelter - and get up a report. Maybe see if a friend will go with you if you don’t wanna go solo? The deep shelter is fairly chill despite what the photos might convey - access is easy but obviously take torches and the like.
Do you know if ill have any problems with security or if i should go early in the day to avoid them?
I've just phoned a mate and we're forming a plan to go.

Seffy

Staff member
Do you know if ill have any problems with security or if i should go early in the day to avoid them?
I've just phoned a mate and we're forming a plan to go.
Excellent - that’s what it’s all about my friend.
For that place you can go any time of day really. It’s fairly hidden away so the likelihood of you having any issues is slim to none. No security so just go for it and see what you can do.
If you manage to get down and do it, feel free to write a report and post it; everyone starts somewhere (no patronisation intended at all - I look back on my first reports and cringe a bit haha)

tobytron

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Excellent - that’s what it’s all about my friend.
For that place you can go any time of day really. It’s fairly hidden away so the likelihood of you having any issues is slim to none. No security so just go for it and see what you can do.
If you manage to get down and do it, feel free to write a report and post it; everyone starts somewhere (no patronisation intended at all - I look back on my first reports and cringe a bit haha)
Been busy this week, as soon as i get my photos off my camera i'll write reports for: Coulsdon deep shelter, Highgate abandoned station and Horley union building and hospital. Also went to Deepdene radio control centre but we didn't get enough good photos to make a report. I have my eye on a british airways training facility in Cranebank and an abandoned chemical research lab in Fenhurst for future explores but i'm unsure about the security around these areas and if entry is even still possible.

Seffy

Staff member
Been busy this week, as soon as i get my photos off my camera i'll write reports for: Coulsdon deep shelter, Highgate abandoned station and Horley union building and hospital. Also went to Deepdene radio control centre but we didn't get enough good photos to make a report. I have my eye on a british airways training facility in Cranebank and an abandoned chemical research lab in Fenhurst for future explores but i'm unsure about the security around these areas and if entry is even still possible.
Sounds Ike you’ve been busy. Love to see it :)
Swear I’ve heard stories of rogue security at the BA training facility (could be wrong) so go carefully if you go there.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User

ICI Fernhurst is very easy and very trashed.

Cranebank is very secured at the moment.

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
Welcome to 28 @tobytron, the search bar at the top of the page is a great place to start. I can also recommend the newbie survival guide. :thumb