Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Arena Essex - Purfleet Closing November | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - Arena Essex - Purfleet Closing November

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
There wouldn't be much there to shoot as and when it closes after November 4th. It's not a true stadium in the way Coventry, Wimbledon etc was and has very little in the way of indoor space other than a terrace bar and one area of covered seating.

The UK is losing more and more of these short oval tracks, as much as I personally didn't like the place it's gutting to see another venue go after losing the Wimbledon, Coventry, Horndean and Tadley tracks over the last few years. Westworld is still just about there down in Cornwall, closed down and half cleared for a proposed water leisure park that never materialised.

If you want to explore a racetrack that's closing soon, have a look at Rockingham....

Luke vaughan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There wouldn't be much there to shoot as and when it closes after November 4th. It's not a true stadium in the way Coventry, Wimbledon etc was and has very little in the way of indoor space other than a terrace bar and one area of covered seating.

The UK is losing more and more of these short oval tracks, as much as I personally didn't like the place it's gutting to see another venue go after losing the Wimbledon, Coventry, Horndean and Tadley tracks over the last few years.

If you want to explore a racetrack that's closing soon, have a look at Rockingham....
Yeah it is a shame and racetrack near me has closed and left abandoned for one year and everything left inside and was truely amazing until it got demod few months ago and yeah I’ll check it out

Luke vaughan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I’ve just researched Rockingham and looks like it will be converted into a automotive facility or something else quite quick and business will still trade out of there after it closes and that won’t be until 2019

Old Git

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

The UK is losing more and more of these short oval tracks, as much as I personally didn't like the place it's gutting to see another venue go after losing the Wimbledon, Coventry, Horndean and Tadley tracks over the last few years. Westworld is still just about there down in Cornwall, closed down and half cleared for a proposed water leisure park that never materialised.

Mooks, Is Swindon still there or been built on would you know? Not been that way for a while. Dropping into Brandon on my way back from Belle View in a few weeks.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Mooks, Is Swindon still there or been built on would you know? Not been that way for a while. Dropping into Brandon on my way back from Belle View in a few weeks.
Blunsdon is still there and still operates as a Greyhound track although looking at it's proximity to new housing developments I would imagine it's days may be numbered!

The Greyhound stadium in Reading is also gone now, nothing left of that at all just a barren patch of land.

Oxford Stadium is still partly in use by a go kart racing company however greyhounds stopped racing there a few years back. There is a campaign gathering momentum to get the stadium fully reopened after all the various housing applications were refused though!