real time web analytics
Report - - Armstong Building, Newcastle University, Newcastle Upon Tyne, November 2013 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Armstong Building, Newcastle University, Newcastle Upon Tyne, November 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Renrutt

Turnerr
28DL Full Member
Armstong Building, Newcastle University, Newcastle Upon Tyne, November 2013

The Armstrong Building is the oldest building on the Newcastle Universtiy campus, the building was constructed in four phases between 1885 and 1906, with later extentions in the 1940s and 1960s.
On this occasion I managed to find my way up Jubilee/Exhibiton Tower which was part of the second phase of the build, along with the south-west wing which was opened in 1894, funded by surplus funds raised from an Exhibition to mark Queen Victoria's Jubilee in 1887.

The building is currently undergoing major redevelopment which will see Jubilee Tower become a main entrance to the building.

The objective is to restore the building as a central
hub and key location for the Arts and Humanities at Newcastle University and to create high
quality university spaces on the ground floorsuitable for use for public engagement and
ceremonial functions.Opening up the Jubilee Tower as a main entrance to the building will
significantly improve the accessibility and visibility of the Armstrong building.

Not fantastically high by any means and I'm not fantastically happy with my pictures either, but high stuff in the North East needs representing.
Some decent views of the city and a nice one to just sit and chill on (if it wasnt so bastard cold)

boshed solo

my external shot actually shows the north-west entrance at the opposite side of the building, this section was completed in 1906.
JTe01_zps7371694e.jpg

JT05_zps0bb5d61e.jpg

JT12_zps73bf632c.jpg

JT03_zps2f036c46.jpg

JT02_zpsf74777c9.jpg

JTp01_zps4a1f7f19.jpg
JTp02_zps5349e868.jpg

looking back at the north-west entrance
JT07_zpsb65eab41.jpg

JT13_zpsa37a7419.jpg

Cheers for looking.​

Last edited: