real time web analytics
Report - - Artillery Bunkers - Cala De Sant Vicenc - Mallorca - April 2013 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Artillery Bunkers - Cala De Sant Vicenc - Mallorca - April 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Artillery Bunkers - Cala De Sant Vicenc – Mallorca

9-22_zps918d9c76.jpg

After spending some time translating various things I thought may be relevant I have come up with a blank on the history of these bunkers, apart from it is an old ammunition store!

Access isn’t too bad which made it an ideal family holiday ‘Sunday stroll’, the stroll being about 3km from the village of Cala De Sant Vicenc out to the end of a prominent headland with stunning views and a large marble quarry (always wondered how they made marbles!).

The artillery bunker is on 2 different levels, narrow passages open out into chambers within the limestone headland, we found 3 vertical shafts leading about 20 meters to the surface, there may be more and possibly other bunkers at this location.

On with the pics, not the best as time was limited due to it just being a Sunday stroll and the kids were having fun running around with torches.

Here’s the main entrance to the bunkers, and a scary pic of me in my Sunday best.

2-23_zps1fe677af.jpg

The next lot of pics are in the acccss tunnels and chambers, nothing much inside the bunker apart from the walls, roof and floors.

3-23_zps54eb5814.jpg

4-23_zps61451c09.jpg

5-23_zpsbcd3433c.jpg

7-23_zps1e77df74.jpg

8-23_zps52515a5e.jpg

Finally a view up one of the shafts

6-23_zps06dc40e1.jpg

Well that’s it, a grand sunny Sunday stroll with a bit of interest, best bit was the beach and cold beers readily available in Cala De Sant Vicenc after the 3km stroll back into town.

Cheers

TLR​

Who has read this thread (Total: 1) View details