real time web analytics
Question - - Asbestos | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | Page 4 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Asbestos

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

diehardlove

1 of them cnuts off 28dsl
28DL Full Member
FFs what about the spores in a recent crazy explore some of the members did you know where i mean did any of us wear masks,what about the spores in the mines we sleep in or the phone exchange full of asbestos no we didnt.
Fucking newbie shit yet again !!!!!!
Bet i get ran over by a train or fall off a building before dieing of asbestos.

diehardlove

28DL Full Member
Tell you what im not going out this sat night as i might meet a slag and get aids as i wore a dental dam but not a condom.

diehardlove

28DL Full Member
Whoa DHL, chill out man. Bad day at work?? :p

Nah just pisses me off the same shit over and over again and its always off people who have no common sense,Half the time people dont even know what it is what its made from different types and it doesnt magically cause cancer it just increases the risk same as smoking or breathing smog etc,

Ffs when we were apprentices we used to blow brake linings off trucks with compressed air had no idea it had asbestos in it we where never told now we damp them down and wash them and we dont have to wear dust masks.

Kaplan

Procrastinator
28DL Full Member
My two-pence-worth:

Fuck it.

I'm not jumping around in the stuff and breathing in great big fucking lungfulls.

Pikeys worry me more :D

BenCooper

Mr Boombastic
28DL Full Member
Okay, conclusion:

Asbestos is very nasty stuff if you breathe it in, and exposure now may kill you down the line - so if you want to live to see your kids or grandkids, it makes sense to take reasonable precautions.

Those would be to learn what asbestos looks like, and to avoid it. If it cannot be avoided, then a proper mask (PP3-rated, not a decorator's mask) should be worn. The filters should be chucked after use, as should any clothing that could have collected asbestos fibres. It wasn't uncommon for shipworkers' wives to get asbestosis from their husbands' clothes. Even if you don't care about yourself, care about your family.

But don't worry too much - most places, even if they contain asbestos in the construction, do not contain asbestos fibres in the atmosphere. Don't go into places where asbestos removal is in progress, and don't smash stuff up.

Status
Not open for further replies.