real time web analytics
Question - - Asbestos | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Asbestos

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrbodymassagemachine

MBMM for short
28DL Full Member
Saw this on explore multiple times last night, think it sums it up nicely.

Image057.gif

diehardlove

1 of them cnuts off 28dsl
28DL Full Member
Dont forget it takes some time to settle in a enclosed space so you might not be the person disturbing it.
I personally say fuck it and and am just carefull as hate the masks.

bbz

28DL Member
28DL Member
I don't know why people complain about this asbestos stuff...it don't smell so bad
</mynameisearl>

Jaffy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm quite torn on the matter, thinking on it. The only place I've been to where there's been any significant amount of asbestos was a bunker that had been torn through by a fire, so it was pretty much all over the place.

I don't see a hardship in keeping a FFP3 mask in your bag, the fold-flat ones come to about £2 apiece and I'm sure most UrbExers will have spent a lot more than that on just a single explore. Helps to keep my own paranoia at bay at any rate ;)

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
my 45yr old boatyard landlord has just been diagnosed with throat cancer,he doesn't smoke.

a short life of working with ,lead paint,fiberglass,rust,chemicals, ect ect has fucked him right up.

you may be all gun ho now but get to that age with a couple of kids and you would have wished your had been more vigilant.

i know there are many things that mess with our bodies and we can't wear maks all the time but it pays to be carefull

if in doubt.....mask on.

Gorecki

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
you may be all gun ho now but get to that age with a couple of kids and you would have wished your had been more vigilant.

i know there are many things that mess with our bodies and we can't wear maks all the time but it pays to be carefull

if in doubt.....mask on.

Agreed...
My dad was diagnosed with Asbestos Cancer in May...
4 months later he passed away. It's a quick killer :/

rossko90

28DL Member
28DL Member
Oh yeah it's deadly all right. I remove it for a living and any buildings built before the year 2000 contain the stuff. So most of the places we explore have asbestos particles floating around the air unless everything is intact. Including paint work. On an explore when u see flake paint on the walls like u do in most old derelect building be aware that there is a 90% chance that u are inhaling asbestos particles.

So keep your distance and a word of warning only a full face fit resperator mask will prevent inhaling the particles.

So wen on ur next explore show caution tot eh hidden killer :)

Cheese Monkey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
When places are in such a state the ceilings are falling down I think I will wear a mask. Think ceiling tiles etc used to have it in? Old paint aswell. Its probably a minimal risk but a mask is cheap.

d86

ian beal's twin brother..
28DL Full Member
Oh yeah it's deadly all right. I remove it for a living and any buildings built before the year 2000 contain the stuff. So most of the places we explore have asbestos particles floating around the air unless everything is intact. Including paint work. On an explore when u see flake paint on the walls like u do in most old derelect building be aware that there is a 90% chance that u are inhaling asbestos particles.

So keep your distance and a word of warning only a full face fit resperator mask will prevent inhaling the particles.

So wen on ur next explore show caution tot eh hidden killer :)

so are we saying it don't really help to wear a normal paper resperator mask thingy.????

or just wear one because you never know...
prevention is better than cure...

t...:)

BenCooper

Mr Boombastic
28DL Full Member
THe paper decorators ones are not going to stop asbestos fibres. You need a PP3 one. A non-working mask is, if anything, worse than no mask at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.