real time web analytics
Information - - Ashgill Force Waterfall Mine | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Ashgill Force Waterfall Mine

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

NCore80

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi All;

Last year I came across an interesting looking place which looks to have an old mine adit, it was while we were visiting Ashgill Force waterfall, I would have loved to have ventured inside since the gated entrance pivots on a hinge in the middle which makes it readily accessible but unfortunately I only had my phone torch which was nowhere near good enough to see inside, another unfortunate is that I was on holiday there so don't frequent the area very often.

Does anyone have this on their radar for a visit or know any more information?

Co-Ordinates: N 54° 45.502' W 002° 22.650'

Photos Attached

Last edited:

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Welcome! Photos aren't showing, please re-edit your post and click the 'Insert All' button.

Have a look at this thread for more info about posting reports.

And, while you're at it have a gander at this thread as well.

katana

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There were rumours years ago of a level entered by explorers gained by moving boulders virtually under the falls, in which they found parts of a human skeleton. Very likely nonsense, but....
There is the famous "Buckden Bill" and another found in Pantywrach, north Wales of a chap who had disappeared 4 years earlier.

There is a level to the right of the falls behind a mass of fallen boulders, this level predates the road bridge.

alex17595

Down t'pit
Regular User
There were rumours years ago of a level entered by explorers gained by moving boulders virtually under the falls, in which they found parts of a human skeleton. Very likely nonsense, but....

Not very mine related but It sounds the perfect place for some ancient burial. Hidden in a tomb behind a waterfall.