Web
Analytics
Report - - ASHTON guest house - aug 16 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - ASHTON guest house - aug 16

scotty markfour

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History- while checking out the ROCKLEIGH HOTEL next door (no access gained) we happened to find this large late victorian semi detached house in ashton in makerfield , which as far as we could tell had been converted into a guest house or a bedsit accomodation , i could find no history on the place whatsoever !

The visit- we initially went to derp the rockleigh hotel but could not gain access without scaling the building and with onlookers across the street , this is when we tried the property next door , access was soon gained , it was only a 20 minute derp for the photos but better than nowt .

The pics-as usual the pics were taken with my canon 10-18mm wide angled lens.

wig12a39bf2.jpg

wig11a61065.jpg

wig10a67439.jpg

wig9aad2f9.jpg

wig8a3ff03.jpg

wig1aa5d27.jpg

wig7a1fdaf.jpg

wig6aee987.jpg

wig5ae4caf.jpg

wig4a73e21.jpg

wig3adc0cb.jpg

wig2aec84c.jpg

wig13a4df03.jpg

Palonirya

28DL Member
28DL Member
These are some really eerie, interesting shots. The Rockleigh has always interested me; my grandparents live close by and I remember back when it was still a functioning hotel in the early 2000s. I've tried to do some research into what happened to it but I've not uncovered very much. It'd be fantastic if you managed to gain access to it one day. I never did pay much attention to the building you've explored here, but I believe it's owned by the man who owns the hotel. Pity to see it in such a state really.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Snailsford Residential Sites 2