real time web analytics
Report - - Ashton & Moore, Birmingham - Various 2009 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ashton & Moore, Birmingham - Various 2009

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User
Ashton & Moore are a metal finishing company, founded in Birmingham in the early 1920's. There's an indepth and personal account of the company's history on this website: http://web.me.com/prashton1/Leslie_C._Ashton/Ashton_&_Moore.html

It's one of the first buildings I explored in Birmingham, and I've been back since with several different people (ILWS, God, LoCash, Peter), including most recently running into a couple of european Pikey's who amazingly could still find wiring to steal. Which, considering how wide open this place has been is quite astonishing. The usual access has now been repaired, although too little too late, perhaps.

The works is located in the Jewellery Quarter, which bit by bit is being redeveloped and "improved" with quite alot of the old factories meeting their demise. I'm not sure on the plans for the Victorian fronted building, or the rest of the Legge Lane factories for as much as we'd love to see them restored and converted just isn't going to happen in reality.

1.jpg

Central courtyard.

2.jpg

Rec room.

3.jpg

Laboratory. (September 09)

4.jpg

March 2009.

5.jpg

September 2009 :(

6.jpg

7.jpg