real time web analytics
Report - - Assorted London Hospitals 2015 - 2019. | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Assorted London Hospitals 2015 - 2019.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
ASSORTED LONDON HOSPITALS 2015 - 2019.

Something a bit different from me, too many megapixels gathering dust so thought I'd drip some aged derpage in from the archives..

In here (for now) as the records Dpt. at Royal London is still lively and Springfield is already in here

OBV pics are shit, most of this was done with @The_Raw after far too many cans and ridiculous meets in the smoke back in the day

Big Up the B.C.C
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

ST THOMAS'S HOSPITAL MEDICAL SCHOOL - 2015

1.jpg

First off on the pissed up tour bus was this place, a good few of us went here more than once with cans, mainly to take in the views from the tower

The rest was a blur and I appear to have misplaced many of the pics from here

St Thomas's Hospital Medical School in London was one of the oldest and most prestigious medical schools in the UK and formed part of King's College London.

It was part of St Thomas' Hospital which was established at the end of the 12th century. According to historical records St Thomas's Hospital Medical School was founded in about 1550.

It was admitted as a school of the University of London in 1900 but remained a constituent part of St Thomas' Hospital until 1948 when it formally became part of the university.

In 1982 it merged with the medical school at Guy's Hospital to form the United Medical and Dental Schools of Guy's and St Thomas' Hospitals.

2.jpg

3.jpg

Animal testing cages

4.jpg

Class Room

5.jpg

Modern Lecture Theatre

6.jpg

Old Labs/Class Room

7.jpg

Practical Lecture Theatre

8.jpg

9.jpg

Link Corridor between Old/New

10.jpg

More Modern Labs/Class Room

11.jpg

Laboratory

12.jpg

Samples

13.jpg

14.jpg

Service Tunnel - Leads to Live Hospital

15.jpg

16.jpg

Tower Time

17.jpg

Stunning Views - Westminster/Embankment

18.jpg

19.jpg

THE ROYAL LONDON HOSPITAL - 2015

1a.jpg

Surprise surprise, after another late night pissing about in the City with cans, @The_Raw suggested we looked in here on the way home with @sentinel , just when I was looking forward to some sleep
rolleyes_1.gif

It was fairly stripped inside, however still a worthy mooch. The top floor operating theaters were about the best thing left to see in here..

The Royal London Hospital was founded in September 1740 and was originally named The London Infirmary. The name changed to The London Hospital in 1748 and then to The Royal London Hospital in 1980 when the Queen came to visit and gave it the added 'Royal'.

The first patients were treated at a house in Featherstone Street, Moorfields in November 1740. In May 1741, the hospital then moved to Prescot Street, and remained there until 1757 when it moved to its current location on Whitechapel Road.

Joseph Merrick, known as the "Elephant Man", spent the last few years of life at The Royal London Hospital and his mounted skeleton is currently housed at the Medical School, but is not on public display.

The TV series Casualty was once set there, and follows the everyday life of the hospital throughout these years. Some of the story lines are based on actual cases drawn from the hospital records. The old Royal London building closed in 2012 after the new facility next door was finished.

1.jpg

2_temp.jpg

Corridors Linking Wards

3.jpg

4.jpg

Dedicated Theatre Lift

5.jpg

Operating Theatres

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Outta Here

1b.jpg

THE ROYAL LONDON HOSPITAL OUTPATIENTS DEPARTMENT- 2016/2019

1.jpg

shamelessly pikey'd

You got it, after A.N Other heavy nite out on the Dragon Soup/Kronies and ending up in some 60's Brazilian club at silly o'clock @The_Raw decided we should go take a look in here on the way home, I wasn't keen and really needed some Zzzz

As if that was ever going to happen lol..

Once inside we could here a radio/TV at the far end of some offices, it looked a bit lively this with computers switched on and sounded like someone was in there, so we quickly made our way up and climbed over into the derpy bit

In the end it was a right laugh, I ripped mi trousers as we gave it legs on the way out having played cat & mouse with some security guard who was hell bent on catching us

In March 2005 planning permission was granted for a £1 billion redevelopment and expansion of The Royal London Hospital. The redevelopment has replaced the Hospital's old facilities, some of which date back to when it was first built.

The new building opened in February 2012. This outpatients department moved to it's new destination in October 2014.

The Royal London is part of The Barts Health NHS Trust. The basement is the records offices for the live bit of the Hospital as the Royal London provides district general hospital services for the City and Tower Hamlets.

Visit 1. Pissed up outing with @The_Raw

So yeah we somehow ended up in this rather lively records office/storage below the Hospital, TV/Radio prattling away in the background, it was clear someone was present.. Secca, Worker ?

Put it this way we didn't hang around too long to find out and we'd already made a bit of racket poking about as you do after a few cans

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg
6.jpg

Even more noisily we clambered our way into the 'not so live bit' how anyone hadn't heard 2 pissed up goons was a minor miracle!

7.jpg

What follows is a bunch of shonky iphone tastics as I simply couldn't be arsed to fetch the camera out the bag

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Anti-Suicide Cage around the Main Stairwell ?

15.jpg

Plastic Surgery.. Don't be fooled by the one coat Dulux Eggshell

16.jpg

We'd just about had enough and was about to leave when @The_Raw decided it was a good idea to nip down and take a shot in the reception area below as I looked on

17.jpg

No sooner had I taken the above pic ^ he was just about to frame a shot and Mr. Secca showed up behind him out of nowhere

@The_Raw was oblivious at this point, the look on the fellas face was priceless, we gave it legs and was a right pain negotiating our way out in a hurry
I ripped my pants attempting to escape, the guy was trying his hardest to capture us, luckily we made it out in the nick of time, it's a good job you can get cans 24/7 easily enough around here :brew

Visit 2. Sobering re-visit with @clebby @mockney reject

First up was Clebby's parking LolZ, tbf it was a tight spot
tongue_1.gif

2.jpg

On with some more shonky phone-tastics..

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

18.jpg

17.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

This is as far as we got to over 3 years back when we were rumbled and had to make a hasty retreat..

19.jpg

20.jpg

Outta Here

21.jpg

What a bunch of Melons, we couldn't remember where we parked and I narrowly missed my train home having wasted a good 20 mins piss balling about looking for the frigger!

SPRINGFIELD WAR/MENTAL/UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL (SURREY COUNTY PAUPER LUNATIC ASYLUM) - 2019

1.jpg

So the plan was to arrive mega early, and with all the best intentions we sort of were, just it was fairly light now and enough casual workers from the live bit next door to make it a bit more interesting

@clebby and myself found ourselves saaf and met up with @mockney reject for a butchers at this aged time capsule

The hospital opened as the Surrey County Pauper Lunatic Asylum in 1840. The original building was a grand symmetrical red brick Tudor-style composition enclosing a large courtyard, built to the designs of Edward Lapidge, the county surveyor.

In 1881 a purpose-built chapel was added to the hospital. In 1888 the hospital came under the management of Middlesex County Council and was re-named the Wandsworth Asylum.

During the First World War it became the Springfield War Hospital and, after the war, it became the Springfield Mental Hospital.

A new infirmary block to treat mentally ill patients who were also physically ill opened in July 1932. A serious bout of dysentery broke out at the hospital during the Second World War. The hospital joined the National Health Service in 1948.

In 1967 as a result of the publication of Barbara Robb's book "Sans Everything" the hospital was one of many investigated for ill treatment of patients.

The committee found that at least two charge nurses showed themselves prone to outbursts of ill-temper which expressed itself in violence. In 2004 John Barrett, a paranoid schizophrenic, walked out of the hospital and stabbed Dennis Finnegan, a cyclist, to death.

At its heyday the hospital had 2,000 patients but is now reduced to fewer than 300 inpatients. Much of the original hospital building is now disused, and there are plans to convert this to a residential development, "Springfield Village".

The proceeds from this are being used to create new state of the art mental health centers at Springfield and at Tolworth Hospital in Surbiton.

On with some pics, I even managed some handheld specials on the camera this time :rolleyes:

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

Fyah

9.jpg

7.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Lovely

17.jpg

That's all folks, many thanks to all concerned for the laughs along the way, I have no idea who else joined us for some of this lot as it was way too long ago :thumb

Last edited:

Pammyj

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Really enjoyed looking through this. Sounds like some fun times were had!