real time web analytics
Report - - Aston Hall Hospital - Derbyshire - June 2014 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Aston Hall Hospital - Derbyshire - June 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
I found myself nearby a nice deRpy hospital recently (well what's left of it anyway) so thought it would be nice to have a little wander about. Scroll on by if you are wanting anything special :) I personally like wandering around places like this, the majority of the hospital has been redeveloped however a few bits and pieces remain.

Visited with i-am-cat-bug.

Care for the mentally handicapped was provided at Aston Hall hospital from 1937 until 1995. Upon closure most of the remaining residents were discharged while others were resettled into similar facilities elsewhere.

1_zpsed6d5665.jpg

2_zps6d00cc7a.jpg

3_zps8e2be888.jpg

5_zps0432457c.jpg

6_zps8c7ba578.jpg

4_zps5ae40b8b.jpg

7_zps88b02103.jpg

Thanks for looking.​

Kaplan

Procrastinator
28DL Full Member
I know what you mean, there's something nice about your shots. I like it.

:thumb

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
I liked it there, are the villas gone now?
Nice pics BTW :)

There are still quite a few buildings and villas remaining around the hall, they were all pretty much the same though so I didn't photograph many. There is some rather impressive Jumanji style Ivy covering most of them right now which looks nice.

One of the more modern ancillary buildings is a burned out shell so we didn't bother with that one.

Session9

A life backwards
28DL Full Member
From memory there was a plant room with a few nice features....

Yeah, that ivy is impressive, bright red when I was there. :)

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice set there mate :thumb

When I called in last year most of the place was sealed tight for some odd reason.