Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Astra Zeneca loughborough | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Lead or Rumour info - Astra Zeneca loughborough

pixie-alpha

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I know this isn't happening till next year but the loughborough site is due to close. No doubt it will be a difficult nut to crack though considering it's high fences and comprehensive CCTV coverage.

Tassadar

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Big Site...have contacts there maybe able to get more info nearer the time about the interesting areas

Leaf1471

Tourist Information Depot
28DL Full Member
oooh, this might be one to claim first dibs on ;)

layz

Conquistador d'Wolverton
28DL Full Member
No-Way! How bizzare I was looking at the place from the train the other day, and thought:
'One day somewhere like that will be derelict, and the next generation will consider it a relic of the past'

Turns out it's happening sooner than I thought ;)

Backzilla

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I know somebody who currently works on secruity there and they have said that when the site closes security will remain for a while. Im sure i could prob get him to show me round.

jonathan0975

28DL Member
28DL Member
I need to find out who is dealing with site planning for its closure, any chance you could have a word with your pal as to who will be dealing with the decommissioning? I live near and am interested in future use or even buying site.

esuf

28DL Member
28DL Member
I realise this is a slightly older post, but some may be interested in it still. Most people leave between July and Sept. this year, with the plan for the site to be closed by the end of this year.

The plan was that the site would be sold to another organisation, but from what ive heard thats now fallen through so should now be decomissioned. if anyone wants more info let me know.

pixie-alpha

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I can now confirm that the site has shut down and staff have left,no doubt there is still active security as they are stilltrying to find a buyer to take on the facility as is.