real time web analytics
‘SUBTERRANEAN SOUTHWARK’ by Christopher Jones | Books and Media | 28DaysLater.co.uk

‘SUBTERRANEAN SOUTHWARK’ by Christopher Jones

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

I

Imogen

Excellent Book, quote from the back :-

‘Disused Tube Lines, Nuclear Bunkers, Crypts and Catacombs, Underground Toilets, Rivers, Spas and Wells, Thames Tunnels, Rumours and Remnants * ever wondered what’s under the Southwark soil? Which tunnels, subways, bunkers, and hiding holes are right beneath our feet? Whether it’s a mile or so of disused Northern Line or the long lost Camber Well, a secret passage way for 18th century villains or an emergency exit shaft for the Jubilee Line * this booklet reveals all!'

Each of the nine chapters finishes with gazetteers and references.

Published by Past Tense Publications, April 2003, No ISBN, £3.50. 118 A5 pages. 24 illustrations, plans and sections. Index. References. Bibliography. Single pack of 29 A4 photocopied sheets stapled in the middle and folded in half, with primrose yellow card cover (this makes rather a bulky fold).

Available from: Christopher Jones, c/o 56a Infoshop, 56 Crampton Street ,London, SE17 3AE

rgds Imogen

Y

Yikes!

If you want this book, which is a nice little read - you can get a copy from Peckham library's local history library. So interesting facts and fictions...

Brick_Man

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
bit late on this one. Should have checked before I went.

I know a lot of this info is known, but its nice to have it in a booklet/ book on the shelf.

Za Gringo

28DL Zoo Member
28DL Full Member
I've got one of these. Its a nice little read and well worth the 3.5 of your earth £££'s.

Just need someone to put together the rest of the series now ;)