real time web analytics
Report - - Atkinson Walker Saws, Falcon Works, Sheffield, May 2019 | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Atkinson Walker Saws, Falcon Works, Sheffield, May 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tarkovsky

SWC
Regular User
Nice one fella looks alright in there
Nice one. Never realised that had closed. Just enough left to make it interesting!
Nice report indeed still got a lot of interesting features.
Sad to hear that has gone.
A little empty but enough left to make it look a decent mooch. Great report!

Thank you. Not many of this kind of thing left in Sheffield, as you'll all be well aware, so although it's pretty much stripped out it still feels like a minor treat to have a poke about in. I also missed the fact that it had closed, somehow, or I'd have slithered in earlier!

Not being a photographer I've never really understood the fuss made about film - but they certainly came out nicely here.

Thanks - I've not used film since I was a kid and enjoyed having a go - was much more considered about what I was snapping. Was chatting to @HughieD and he suggested it's like a bit like vinyl vs mp3 - not as convenient, but there's definitely a subtle difference that makes it worth the effort.

Potatowaffle

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Fabulous report, really good to get the context of the place and I love the picture of the guy working on that massive saw. I've been in here since your report and now the idiots have been in to play and smashed all the lovely windows

tarkovsky

SWC
Regular User
Fabulous report, really good to get the context of the place and I love the picture of the guy working on that massive saw. I've been in here since your report and now the idiots have been in to play and smashed all the lovely windows

Sad. Doesn’t take long, does it?

tarkovsky

SWC
Regular User
Went past a while back & didnt even bother to go in, its an unrecognisable shell now!

Well, given that the thread is momentarily resurrected I may as well also put up these black and white film pics from when I went back quickly a second time, a few weeks after this report.

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 262) View details