real time web analytics
Report - - Atmosphere, Barnsley Jan.18 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Atmosphere, Barnsley Jan.18

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Esoteric Eric

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I spotted the outfall whilst driving by one day and returned when I had more time. Whilst I was waiting at a red light to park up a car drove straight in to the back of me and I'm still suffering from back pain today! Once details were swapped I was undeterred and made my way in to the River Dearne.

The outfall is covered with a grille and there was lots of debris clogging up the bottom. As I removed this I unleashed a torrent of water and subsequently got a soaking as I turned myself in to a sheet of paper and slid under the grille.

Inside you were met with roughly 4ft RCP and two choices, left and right. There were several smaller side pipes entering along the way. The left pipe leads a short way to 2ft RCP. The right pipe breaks halfway to outfall another source of water which was entering at a decent speed, although I'm not sure where from. Following this the 4ft RCP continues up a slight incline and ends in a room with a small pit in the middle for collecting the water running in from two further pipes built higher in to the wall.

Short and sweet and I felt it difficult to breath easily in the end chamber perhaps due to low levels of o2 so I dubbed this one 'Atmosphere', nothing to do with Joy Division ;-).

Atmosphere, Barnsley 1.JPG

Atmosphere, Barnsley 2.JPG

Atmosphere, Barnsley 3.JPG

Atmosphere, Barnsley 4.JPG

Atmosphere, Barnsley 5.JPG

Atmosphere, Barnsley 6.JPG

Atmosphere, Barnsley 7.JPG