real time web analytics
Report - - Attercliffe Tram Sheds - August 2019 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Attercliffe Tram Sheds - August 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Sam the climber

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History

Sheffield's Attercliffe Tram Sheds have been in use since 1873, when the trams were drawn by horses. The first line on the network was between Attercliffe and Lady's Bridge. Originally, it was operated by the Sheffield Tramways Company, but the city council took over the trams in 1896, after legal changes permitted local authorities to run trams.

In 1899, the network went electric, and it ran until 1960. At its peak, there were 100 miles of tramline.

The Tramway was then closed, and wasn't to reopen until 1994. The new Supertram station was built just 100m southwest of the site of the original sheds.

The Explore

Today, the old Tram Sheds showcase some of the finest graffiti in a city that's always been head and shoulders above the rest when it comes to street art. You can think of the Attercliffe tram sheds as Sheffield's free art gallery, but there's still enough 'trees inside buildings' action to satisfy an urban explorer.

While looking for the building, I spoke to the staff at the new Sheffield Depot indoor climbing wall. They told me their own building was a disused storage facility for cars, until it was refurbished and knocked through to build the wall.

The site itself is a quick visit, with convenient roadside parking nearby. All in all I was only there for about 20-30 minutes.

attercliffe.JPG

DSC_0838.JPG

DSC_0839.JPG

DSC_0842.JPG

DSC_0844.JPG

DSC_0845.JPG

DSC_0846.JPG

DSC_0847.JPG

DSC_0848.JPG

DSC_0851.JPG

DSC_0853.JPG

IMG_20190809_192543_050.jpg

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nice :thumb Id would just add Sheffield in the title as some people miss the tags, I didnt but some do.

Who has read this thread (Total: 168) View details