real time web analytics
28DL and UE in the News - ‘Urban explorer’ in Ellesmere Port are trespassers (EP Pioneer.co.uk) 17/08/11 | 28DL and Urban Exploring in the News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

28DL and UE in the News â€˜Urban explorer’ in Ellesmere Port are trespassers (EP Pioneer.co.uk) 17/08/11

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
From the website of the 'Ellesmere Port Pioneer' (the local rag)

‘Urban explorer’ in Ellesmere Port are trespassers putting their lives at risk, say police

.....risked drowning.....Self-styled .....escapades.....DANGER .....RISK.....DROWNING.....warnings.....law..... warned .....breaking the law.....safety.....civil trespass.....burglary......

etc.

Full news story HERE

Original 28DL report HERE

Could Mr kevsy21 and Mr Georgie please report to the Headmasters Office you naughty boys!

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
What a very well written and informed article, i could learn lots from them!

By going into such sites i could possibly be committing burglary.........

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
What a very well written and informed article, i could learn lots from them!

By going into such sites i could possibly be committing burglary.........

yes i hear theft of waste water is a rising trend with the crazy kids nowdays!

rustproofhawk

jah rastafari
28DL Full Member
Well done guys

28dl seems to be a story heaven for bord/ shit journalist to grab storys from

Also OT your sig is well funny, who is this Graham holt? Sounds like a proper hard man......

Xan_Asmodi

Cave Monster
28DL Full Member
“We would also warn anyone who enters a private building or premises that they could potentially be committing civil trespass, or worse, burglary.â€￾

I always thought trespass was committed when you REFUSE to leave the land. As for burglary;
Burglary is defined by section 9 of the Theft Act 1968 which created two variants:

1. A person is guilty of burglary if he enters any building or part of a building as a trespasser with intent to steal, inflict grievous bodily harm [or raping any person therein],[31] or do unlawful damage to the building or anything in it.(section 9(1)(a))
  2. A person is guilty of burglary if, having entered a building or part of a building as a trespasser, he steals or attempts to steal anything in the building, or inflicts or attempts to inflict grievous bodily harm on any person in the building.(section 9(1)(b))

:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

This is from Police spokeswoman Shelley Williams. Well, I think Shelley needs to brush up on the law before doing anymore spokeswomaning

georgie

He Never Even Got There
28DL Full Member
the only danger involved in doing this was it being left wide open for kids to play in tbh
DSCF9068.jpg

it wasnt dangerous in anyway infact we both done it in trainers
DSCF9001.jpg

DSCF9024-1.jpg

nice little mooch the best part seeing how far we could walk out into the ship canal on the stepping stones without falling in.

i have a video of me running down one of the pipes ill upload it shortly

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
The use of 'potential' crimes is worrying....

they could potentially be committing civil trespass, or worse, burglary

of course, as it is only 'potential' - then you can insert the crime of your choice :rolleyes:

they could potentially be committing civil trespass, or worse, ferret groping

they could potentially be committing civil trespass, or worse, walking on the cracks in the pavement

they could potentially be committing civil trespass, or worse, being Goths

they could potentially be committing civil trespass, or worse, dogging

etc...

W

Wherever i may roam

"Cheshire Constabulary has warned that urban explorers could be breaking the law as well as risking their own safety"

Fuck me i didn't realize..did anyone else?????? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Squirrell 911

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Yer asbestos, just the thing you find in a fucking pre cast concrete pipe, its jsut full of it!

Idiots

Hey maybe maybe we should become much stricter as to who can browse this site. Make it members only ??
Its Just a thought it would stop all these so called journalists etc from making stupid quotes and assumptions also the pikeys & chavs seing possible locations

Fuck that. We have many a crap journalist that is on here because they cant find any proper stories so they trawl on here for a sensationalist piece of shit to show their editor. If they dont come up with stories (lame or otherwise) then they are on the dole and fucked if I am keeping them in benefits! :D

Ordnance

Stay Safe
Staff member
I always thought trespass was committed when you REFUSE to leave the land. As for burglary;

I was always under the impression that you were trespassing if you entered someone else's property without permission, but a landowner (or his argent) could not press charges in a civil court unless he first asked you to leave, and you refused. So you have already committed the act of civil trespass [not potentially] just by being there...... The Poloce cannot charge you with civil trespass, and would have to prove the greater offence of 'Breaking & Entering' or 'Burglary' beyond reasonable doubt! Tossers

Status
Not open for further replies.