Web
Analytics
Report - - Aveley hall thurrock Essex January 2020 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Aveley hall thurrock Essex January 2020

stevewalpole

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Here we have some photos of Aveley hall Essex cant find much history on this place but have a link with some info after some research. https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1147682
I think it is a listed building shame to see it abandoned but here are some photos quite a big place lots of rooms .lucky to get in as it has been re blocked,boarded up now since photos.enjoy :)

Here a some old photos I found online some research.

The explore.

Even had a bar.

Kitchen.

Upstairs even had 2 staircases.

Even had a basement.kinda creepy.

Thanks for looking was a cool place to look round.

Attachments

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
Regular User
Decent post that and a good update. Can you edit the title to include Thurrock and the month/year of your visit to conform with forum guidelines though please

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Decent explore. Thanks for link.
Its good they listed why its listed. " architectural or historic interest " Shame no history could be found. I can see the front entrance as architecturally pleasing but little else tbh. Shame as im sure some features would of remained inside. Anyway thanks for sharing.

westernsultan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Calamity Jane

Regular User

Loubie

28DL Member
28DL Member
It should but sadly it only says exactly the same as the first link. Which does describe the buildings features. Id like to know about the owners, the architect, and its life. Oh well I may well dig when I have more free time. Thank you @westernsultan you always come up with something, and its always appreciated :thumb
Just stumbled across this site after looking the farmhouse up on Google Earth and saw it sadly boarded up. I used to have friends who lived in it and played in it as a child as I lived across the road in 10 Ship Lane. As a child I thought it was massive and such a beautiful home. It had a music room, a paddock for horses and even a duck pond which we skated on in winter. My friends who lived there were children who were Rachel and Stuart Knight and they must have been around 9 and 11 years old. I don’t know the parents names. This was in the early 80s as I emigrated in 1983. Hope this helps you in your search, nice to see someone interested in it and I will check back to see if you have found anything further. Good luck.

Calamity Jane

Regular User
Just stumbled across this site after looking the farmhouse up on Google Earth and saw it sadly boarded up. I used to have friends who lived in it and played in it as a child as I lived across the road in 10 Ship Lane. As a child I thought it was massive and such a beautiful home. It had a music room, a paddock for horses and even a duck pond which we skated on in winter. My friends who lived there were children who were Rachel and Stuart Knight and they must have been around 9 and 11 years old. I don’t know the parents names. This was in the early 80s as I emigrated in 1983. Hope this helps you in your search, nice to see someone interested in it and I will check back to see if you have found anything further. Good luck.
Thats great, nice to know about the features and that someone was living there in the 80s. They must be fond memories. I love houses like these as I grew up in 2 like this. So they fascinate me. I never appreciated mine, and sadly both were not listed even though as a child they were built in the 1700s. Thanks Loubie.