real time web analytics
Report - - Aylesford Newsprint - Kent - December 2016 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Aylesford Newsprint - Kent - December 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

S

Supersonic

History

Aylesford Newsprint opened in 1922 under the name of 'Aylesford Papermill' and its main purpose was to create paper for newsprint production, mainly sending its paper to the London Press.

The newsprint was the longest producer of 100% recycled newsprint plant. It used paper and magazines that would usually be destined for landfill or waste and transformed it into high grade quality newsprint.

They would need 500,000 Tonnes of paper and magazines would be needed to make 400,00 tonnes of newsprint every year.

But, over the last few decades the need for newsprint has declined, mainly due to the fact most newspapers are now found online and people aren't buying physical paper copies anymore.

In March 2015, the plant closed with a loss of 230 jobs.

Today

Today the site is currently in the process of being stripped out and being prepared for demolition.

Most of the big machinery has been sold off but some still remains inside the buildings.

There are plans for the place to be turned into a housing site, which could accommodate up to 500 new homes.

The newsprint is set to be completely demolished by Summer of 2017, and they've already started.

The Explore

So, i had seen quite a few posts about this place and really needed to get my arse in gear and have a nose.

When we got to the site we were greeted by numerous amounts of huge warehouse buildings and also a few nice chimney stacks which can be seen from a fare few distance away.

After yet again having a pre-explore macdonalds, we decided to make our move on the newsprint. Access was easy enough, with a bit of common sense you're in.

There is an active security presence on site and had to just keep our eyes open for anyone inside.

We ended up being in there about 3 hours before the presence of the workers and security got quite high and we had decided we had seen enough and thought it was then a good idea to leave.
But, we stupidly mangaged to walk out infront of some workers and was threatened by the security bloke who worked there who progressed onto trying to steal our gear, swearing at us and even punching @DRZ_Explorer in the face he then topped it off by telling us that 'he'd fucking kill us' if we didn't do what he said. All in all not a nice guy, he then proceeded on to try and say that he owned my SD Card and Camera because it was on his land, was quite funny to see him get more angry as we denied what he wanted us to do which was delete our photos. Anyway after he then locked us in the security office he said if we deleted our photos then he'd let us go. Jokes on him though, photo recovery is a thing! Hey ho, at least we got the easy way out!

Unfortunately, we didn't get a chance to look at the turbines, mainly due to the fact it was right next to where the workers were and decided it was a little bit too bait.

Explored this one with @DRZ_Explorer and was a really good site to have a mooch around and would recommend people to not leave it too late, it doesn't look like it'll be around to see another Christmas!

Enjoy.

31482836782_8d6b3d655a_b.jpg

31257229310_0b8dab09b0_b.jpg

31257231010_a7f9c385b1_b.jpg

31513754811_f84b4b42c5_b.jpg

31257240070_745e5fa644_b.jpg

31482864142_f2842bcc19_b.jpg

31629638955_3afdf3e94d_b.jpg

31482875722_21c09d0a9d_b.jpg

30819347423_13271aab4a_b.jpg

30819322853_e78f84225e_b.jpg

31592432756_04f3acfbaa_b.jpg

31592435736_71f7b591ba_b.jpg

31592476796_d2e6a1ae01_b.jpg

31257327810_8f09a7cbcc_b.jpg

31482898092_a60451256d_b.jpg

31482882302_8f4d65697d_b.jpg

31257281090_ecf0525463_b.jpg

30788131684_7cdd9181ac_b.jpg

31257298230_c1c8595fab_b.jpg

30788130904_4391ecafae_b.jpg

31482937152_070fc331ea_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Who'd you cut out the bit about security? It's not on and they had no right to hit you etc. They should be shown up really. Edit it :p

Conrad

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Always like seeing posts on industrial sites like these. Looks like demolition is now underway?

That's just nuts with security getting that physical, I'll make a mental note to peg it if I find time for a revisit and end up getting caught lol.

S

Supersonic

Always like seeing posts on industrial sites like these. Looks like demolition is now underway?

That's just nuts with security getting that physical, I'll make a mental note to peg it if I find time for a revisit and end up getting caught lol.

Yeh. Demo looks like it's started, only to inside of the warehouse at the back I may add. Rest of the site is still there.
Yes. Defintaely the worst secca guy I've met

DRZ_Explorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

He should be sacked for the way he treated us when we were calm and did what was asked of us, there was a point where i threatened to call the police on him and h quietened down for a few moments only to pipe ack up again after a few minutes

clebby

( . Y . )
Regular User
Great pics, it certainly looks good during the day.

In the future I'd advise not tolerating that sort of behaviour. I'm not one of these shitbrained bellends who spouts 'it's a civil offence!!' over and over and thinks that gives them carte blanche to do whatever they like, but at the end of the day explorers are pretty harmless and these sorts of people need to be held to account. Call the police if they get physical.

S

Supersonic

Great pics, it certainly looks good during the day.

In the future I'd advise not tolerating that sort of behaviour. I'm not one of these shitbrained bellends who spouts 'it's a civil offence!!' over and over and thinks that gives them carte blanche to do whatever they like, but at the end of the day explorers are pretty harmless and these sorts of people need to be held to account. Call the police if they get physical.

Yeh. The police had been called by the security, but he let us go and we didn't bother to wait up for them!

UrbanZ

ERROR 401
28DL Full Member
@Xploring good to see you made it there, it's a nice site. Shame about your troubles with the secca, only briefly saw them twice while we were there.

TheDarkSide

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice post.

I went here around 4 or 5 months ago. The security here was really active but once we got in, it was so big there was no chance of them finding us.

We spent around a total of 6 hours in there with a ton of photos. Ill make sure to get them up asap.

Cheers

S

Supersonic

Nice post.

I went here around 4 or 5 months ago. The security here was really active but once we got in, it was so big there was no chance of them finding us.

We spent around a total of 6 hours in there with a ton of photos. Ill make sure to get them up asap.

Cheers
Very nice. Yes mate, get your pictures up id love to see them! :thumb