real time web analytics
Report - - Back 9 - Storm Overflow, Lancs - April 2012. | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Back 9 - Storm Overflow, Lancs - April 2012.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin

Back 9 - Storm Overflow

Having previously failed this week due to inclement weather I wasn't to be put off and decided to head back out and check on moar new leads..

Now they say things come in 3's, so tonight it was case of sewer overflow/Utilities fail before we managed to actually see something fresh before turning in for the night :banghead

In the end this place turned out to be as much as farce as the past week had been, lady luck certainly not being on my side ATM!

Local victim for the night being Camera Shy, (having read this might wished he had stopped in for the evening) :p:

Packing a broken tripod, and leaving my gloves and 'appropriate' grid key in the car we struggled on no less

Again nothing special here other than a screened overflow/storm tank come CSO complete with a newly installed in-line Vacflush system upstream..

Sometimes I wonder if the pikey's are more clued up than half the 'so called' drainers

As depite being a relatively new system it's evident this place has been arse raped very recently for metalZ

Needless to say UU have been on it and replaced the majority of internals with alternative recycled shite :D

After Efforts with heavy liddage we were in...

Looking down 8ft from the manhole

(Mid level inspection gantry)

1.jpg

A further climb of 12ft to this screening chamber

2.jpg

Lower right, a 3ft RCP, allows the sewer to exit at capacity to the brook below

(For some reason Camera Shy didn't agree with me crawling up this)

3.jpg

Looking back up

4.jpg

Now, if I had paid attention earlier gloves would have been a good thing..

SO for my punishment I had to climb down the last section (a good 15ft) of festering shite to the trunk sewer below

Here it runs RIGHT to LEFT through a 4ft RCP via a concrete box section which makes up the majority of the storm tank

5.jpg

6.jpg

Also my so called epic D7000 threw it's hand in, so I had to switch my memory card over to CS's camera to complete the set here :Not Worthy

(Piece of shit)!

Outta here

7.jpg

R.I.P DHL

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details