real time web analytics
Report - - Backache and Buttonhol, April 2013 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Backache and Buttonhol, April 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

JuJu

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I visited Backache and Buttonhole in April with Pom and some other friends.
This visit was carried out with caution as it was cloudy out. Both drains were done at some speed so I only have two photographs to post; they're not brilliant as far as photography goes but oh well...

Backache:

Backache2_zpsa3210cb7.jpg

To be honest Backache made me walk like a zombie (I am not quite as tall as the others) having to also adopt a speedy approach on a somewhat slippery surface proved to be interesting; as did avoiding fairly large spiders and the odd bit of sewage overflow -- I felt a bit bad for our friend who does not own wellies, instead opting for old trainers! Much to our amusement we managed to wind up a few dogs on our travels, this left me thinking perhaps I could invest in a dog whistle for next time? As far as drains go it does look a little boring; however there are some nice shots to be had of certain areas (Pom has provided these from a previous visit) when we have some more time down there I will take some more myself as well.

Buttonhole:

Buttonhole_zps74dc6275.jpg

Buttonhole was more of an interesting experience than backache; especially our first experience there! We were topside having a mooch about near a pumping station... as we moved in for a closer look across the algae-lined floor, there were sudden, loud mechanical noises coming from behind the grill... We all legged it to a safe spot, trying not to skid over on the quicksand like mud -- I had expected a sudden, fast wall of water moving towards us to sweep us away! When we took a little look at where we had been, there was a reasonably slow moving stream of water at low level! More fool on us! We were better off running though than standing there to find out!
We checked what the weather was looking like and decided to go for Buttonhole; only a quick run through though so not got many pictures. Once we were in we could stand and walk quickly with fairly few slippery patches; there's some very old graff there which I intend to get a proper look at next time. There are also some areas of brickwork which I enjoyed but it's nothing that amazing.

For both drains; I just enjoyed being there and taking in the atmospheres of each of them -- really enjoyed the trippy acoustics in there as well.

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details