real time web analytics
Report - - Bacup ROC Aug 2015 | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bacup ROC Aug 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dartian

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
My first report on here so please be gentle.

VISITED WITH

@Kenni

I've seen other reports on this site and its not been done for quite a few years.
We found ourselves at a loose end and kenni had been wanting to go back to Bacup having been before.
I've been on quite a few missions with kenni ( I call them missions because there's no easy route to get anywhere with him. If there's a dense forrest or bogland to walk through he'll find it ) and took quite a few pics but never bothered to post them. so to shut him up here goes.

Having visited Atherton ROC I did some research and found this post in Bacup. The last lot of reports seem to suggest that this place was on its way out and we wasn't even sure if it was going to still be there.
As the pictures will show I don't think it will be long before this place disappears forever.

It was built in 1961 and closed in 1991. Apparently history say's there was a dome to this place which made it a master post although no evidence of this now exists. The post is on an overgrown compound on the edge of Bacup golf course, near the 4th tee, and seems to have been recently cut back. The entrance is no longer locked, well to be fair its not even attached, and inside its well and truly flooded as kenni's boots will proove.

Enjoy the pics and thanks for looking.​

Will Knot

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I think my next report will be of the cupboard under the stairs....pitch black....but lets see how many comments it gets....lol ;):D