real time web analytics
Report - - BAE Systems, Woodford - March 2019 | Other Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - BAE Systems, Woodford - March 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Renown36

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That was around 1988 , i was there as a fitters mate 18 at the time with a fitter to refurbish the hangers doors after the collapse , the hanger fell on a near refurbished Lancaster bomber ,i was going there to whole site till woodford closed servicing and repairing the hanger doors as most were automated, the canteens were no good as they were that good you needed up putting weight on lol, was you contracted via Drewers as they were our contacts back then
No,I worked for a company called Joint Construction,like i say we only had a two week contract to burn up the collapsed hangar and remove it for scrap and ended up strengthening every hangar on site over nine years.
Great place to work and a good pub just down the road from the main enterance called the Davenport Arms or the (Thieves Neck) to the locals!

Nycto

28DL Member
28DL Member
Has all of it gone? A few months ago there was still quite a few buildings left (although very empty)

yea, i went in feb and there were trucks and diggers knocking the last of the buildings down :(. So there are no more of it sadly

Who has read this thread (Total: 504) View details