real time web analytics
Report - - Bailey Mill, Delph. 01/08/07 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bailey Mill, Delph. 01/08/07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

T

ThenewMendoza

Visited here with dcg (nice find, mate!) and for a fairly compact site there's loads to photograph. Don't know too much about the history of the place (actually, I don't know anything!) other than it used to have a private railway siding, way back in the day. Not necessarily a historical fact, but according to a previous thread I think Bungle666 worked here or something, random, I know.

Pix.

Lots of these lying around.

Bailey.Mill1.jpg

And these.

Bailey.Mill4.jpg

Bailey.Mill3.jpg

Paperwork, bane of my life...

Bailey.Mill6.jpg

Bailey.Mill10.jpg

Bailey.Mill11.jpg

They don't build 'em like they used to..

Bailey.Mill5.jpg

Bailey.Mill9.jpg

And me, weighing in at 70kg :D

Bailey.Mill8.jpg

Hope you enjoy! :thumb If you're in the area this place is well worth a visit, pikies have taken an interest in this site though, we heard a couple of them in one of the outbuildings as we were making our exit. Just FYI.

TnM

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dcg

Re: Bailey Mill, Delph. Report 01/08/07.

Nicely done shots mate, very atmoshperic and we saw loads more than I did the first time. Does that 70kg include your neutron star of a camera bag? :D Hope you don't mind me tagging pics on here, just a few details seeing as I've been before :thumb All shots here.

b20.jpg

b24.jpg

b25.jpg

Late model 12-column 'Comptometer'.

b28.jpg

Just to reinforce TnM's sentiment, we had one more outbuilding to do but there were two pikeys inside. Be careful, folks.

T

ThenewMendoza

Re: Bailey Mill, Delph. Report 01/08/07.

Quality find! That place looks full of awesome stuff.

Tis' indeed, the basement level is full of nine (I think I counted nine) huuuuge machines of an unknown intent, see pic below

First attempt at light painting, with a woefully inadequate torch...

Bailey.Mill7.jpg

:thumb

TnM

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details