real time web analytics
Report - - Bailey Mill, Delph, Oldham April 2012 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bailey Mill, Delph, Oldham April 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User
Having a rare spare afternoon, I thought I would pay a visit to what turned out to be Derp Central.. but it was a rather nice mooch nonetheless. The place has seriously deteriorated since reading other reports on it, maybe due to this: -
SADDLEWORTH LIFE - Celebrating the good and great in the area and beyond
as well as the usual metal thieves who tend to frequent these places.

I actually cant find much in the way of history on this place, strangely enough... apart from the fact the place was run by Messrs Mallalieu and has been derelict since 1996 as they transferred their business to Valley Mill up the road. I did however, find this: http://www.mallalieus.com/default.aspx.

After chatting to a couple of locals, they tell me that the place is an eyesore and they want "rid" as it is a deathtrap and a haven for youths to meet up and "get up to all sorts of weird stuff..."
Shining my P7 into the dark, I was kinda hoping I wouldnt bump into any of these "youth doing weird stuff" since I was on my own, and thankfully I didnt, and had the place to myself for the afternoon...only bumping into a pigeon or 50.

Apologies for photos, but I seem to have broken yet another tripod, and my photos arnt the best even with a tripod... But, as always, my excuse is that its all about getting out there and the explore (well, thats my defence and Im sticking to it).
:)

Thanks Zer0 for the advice and for freaking me out about the basement in various PM's while I was there on my own. I still went down :p:

110f7f3f.jpg

96dc9220.jpg

16d9a68f.jpg

9bb0cbe4.jpg

736273ff.jpg
0d0fa413.jpg

d12b8ac3.jpg

83e6ad51.jpg

a442db4b.jpg

e40c5af7.jpg

7943b18b.jpg

ed90fdde.jpg